diy solar

diy solar

SCC that can perform low temperature disconnect for LFP batteries?

carolinabigfoot

Is there a SCC that can perform a LTD for LFP batteries? If yes, which one? If no, could be something rigged up in way that the solar input is cut off when the battery temperature falls, lets say, below 34F and comes back on when it is above 40F? My worry is that even with a LTD built in the BMS the SCC would get fried if the battery shuts off while the array is still connected to the SCC, happily making electricity. The LVD gives me the same concern, although here I would like to disconnect the load before the battery goes to sleep. I've read that the battery doesn't wake up by itself after a LVD and that is something I would like to avoid, partly to protect the SCC but also because I'd like to run a freezer of my system. Any suggestions?

It certainly seems like there should be SCC's that control the charge of LiFe batteries based on temperature ..... they were all into controlling the charge of lead batteries based temperature .... which was much more difficult.

I think it is just almost universal lazy engineering for converters and SCC's that support lithium.

Victron SCCs support low temp disconnect for LiFePO4 batteries.

Back