diy solar

diy solar

Schneider 6848 XW+ Pro progress

pvdude

Solar Enthusiast
Hi,
Have made some progress with the install!
All equipment mounted, wiring complete, except MPPT to Mini-PDU.
installedequipmentapril52021.jpg
well_pump_transfer_switch_march2021 copy.jpg
transfer_switch_number2.jpg
workshopquadoutletdone.jpg
(Waiting on breakers)
All conduit run in the building.
One more run to do, out to the PV array later in the month. 200ft are roughed in, another 50 to finish.

Waiting on delivery of PV panels (12 REC 365 watt), and mounting system (SnapNrack)

When the PV panels are done, will go get the batteries - all day drive to Miami & back to pick up
984 lbs of FLA.

Hope to have this done before hurricane season starts (June)

Nice, looking good!

Why 2 external transfer switches when you could use the XW 's internal transfer relays for one of the external ones?

I wanted to use the internal generator relay, but it is only rated @ 60A, my generator output is almost 90A, afraid it would damage the relay in the XW.
perkinsdiesel.png

Last edited:
Wow, that's quite the beast.

That's a pretty good concern, don't want to blow out those transfer relays. Does that mean you don't have automatic backup in a power failure?

Correct, all manual process (simple is good here).
The procedure family members follow when the grid fails is to walk to the building where the generator is installed, prime the Diesel fuel system, turn on the glow plugs, count to 20, start the smoking, clacking machine.
Walk back to the house and switch the property over to the generator.
square d manual transfer switch copy.jpg

I am hoping to greatly reduce generator usage after solar power is available....soon........

Back