diy solar

diy solar

Schneider Conext Battery Monitor - Insight Cloud info??

How often are you sending commands to the Insight?
I've got an insight home and send Modbus commands about every 1.5 seconds. Going on something like 9 months and haven't seen the issue you're reporting.

When the modbus stops, what does the other sender do? What does the local access to the Insight do?

Its a 3 second cycle. Works fine with the gateway, works for half a day on the Insight Home. When modbus stops its response our automation sends this to us if we try a command. If we look at the display it just stops its updates.
  • Wed, 03 Aug 2022 10:18:00 ERROR Error setting sensor 'XW_Charger_Enable' to '1' (command):
Just seeing if anyone else has a Insight Home issue.

Going on 8 hours now. Could be when we got LAN hooked up, the access point function clashed. Turning of wifi and access point seems to fix it. You can select LAN for dhcp, thinking you got all wifi off, yet there is another place in the settings you have to turn off access point.

On the overnight the network went to hell. 100% of the fix was pulling the Insight from the lan.

Stick a fork in it, she's done!
I've heard Schneider is good about warrantying parts. I'm curious how they treat you.

If anyone reads this and knows of a source for the older gateway interface or has one to sell. Please write back.
Modbus data breaks on the Insight Home whick works on the gateway.

I've never had a gateway, but the modbus works fine on my insight home.

Were you able to get a warranty replacement for your failed gateway?

it shouldn't be that hard to find. the Combox is usually available from someone on ebay. i've even seen it sold as 'new old' stock from online retailers...

I am looking to buy the model called GATEWAY. Nothing else.

I see it insane for me to try to make the newest model work when a gateway is fine. Combox is too old.

These companies love 'to break things' when they force us to upgrade.

well, in this thread, i'm still looking for what the time shown in Insight Cloud represents.

well, in this thread, i'm still looking for what the time shown in Insight Cloud represents.
With more time and data points, did you have any luck? An email or call to Schneider technical support might be your best bet if you haven't figured it out yet. I can't make sense of those times.

Got each one working with the modbus stuff. The 2 year old gateway box and the newest Insight Home box.
But only one box, the older gateway will allow me to sell-to-grid.
Both boxes show "Grid Support" after the 300 second wait time. But only the gateway will move on and "Sell-to-Grid"
Both have been set with the proper codes and passwords to Region: IEEE 1547-2003
And both confirm ...
StateGood
Progress
Current RegionIEEE 1547-2003
Checksum449017185

This is almost like the modern day, big brother, dongle. Noose around our necks by hundreds of utility outfits that hate private solar.

What would help would be an direction to logging or other documentation as to WHY the sell is failing. All the settings are totally aligned with the manual and whats available online, yet it will not sell.

[04.08.2022 17:18:34] I already see it in the capture
[04.08.2022 17:18:50] 21:13:31.055807 MPCP, Opcode Pause, length 46

[04.08.2022 17:20:26] 1 0.000000 TexasIns_5e:24:44 MAC-specific-ctrl-proto-01 MAC CTRL 60 Pause: pause_time: 65535 quanta

the NIC is sending Ethernet PAUSE packets, likely due to its buffer filling up when the firmware/CPU crashes

There seems to be a network level issue. Does anyone here have an Insight Home that is stable 24/7 ?

Last edited:
[04.08.2022 17:18:34] I already see it in the capture
[04.08.2022 17:18:50] 21:13:31.055807 MPCP, Opcode Pause, length 46

[04.08.2022 17:20:26] 1 0.000000 TexasIns_7e:20:14 MAC-specific-ctrl-proto-01 MAC CTRL 60 Pause: pause_time: 65535 quanta

the NIC is sending Ethernet PAUSE packets, likely due to its buffer filling up when the firmware/CPU crashes

There seems to be a network level issue. Does anyone here have an Insight Home that is stable 24/7 ?
I didn't get the first part. But those last two sentences? I understand that. My insight home hasn't been touched/restarted in months. Receives Modbus commands to start charge every morning and regulate charge current through the day.

". My insight home hasn't been touched/restarted in months. "

Same here with my site one gateway. Never hiccups. It's site TWO that haven't been able to complete since February when delivered.

Just took delivery on a second Insight Home and it does the exact same crap. 1.14 works on my gateway and is issue on Insight Home.

Back