diy solar

diy solar

Schneider XW Pro 6848

Jbbonnette

Hello all,

Loking for help! I have 2 Schneider XWs with a bank of lead acids I need to replace. I'm just begining this DIY LifePo4 process, built a 12 pack for another system as a means to educate myself. Now I'm preparing to go big and build 2 16S packs, maybe a total of 6 down the road. It would seem I have some problems ahead of me regarding Schneider and my BMS talking nicely to each other. The desire was to have a Batrium BMS. I can configure the XW's via LVBCO and AGS Triggers, but...

1- Not real accruate, right? Just voltage?
2- Does anyone have problems with inaccruate DC voltage displayed on the MCP? My voltage has always been off. I wing-it with my LA bank. The disparity changes from .3-.6 volts. I'm worried I can't even use voltage as triggers as they are inaccurage. I need to be preceise to not kill the batteries- or burn down my house.
3- The desire would be to have the BMS (Batrium???) send a trigger to stop inverting or stop charging. Period.

Thanks,
James

If you have the XW Pro I believe it is supported by Conext Gateway - which Batrium documentation says they are looking into supporting. I think the Conext Gateway has already been replaced by a new generation Gateway product, for the latest Conext XW+, so not sure what availability will be like...Or if Batrium will ever successfully support integrating with the Gateway product. YMMV. You might try reaching out to Batrium to see how it's coming along, their site says they were looking into it for 2021, but nothing more.

link: https://support.batrium.com/article/332-schneider-conext-inverter

I also have a Conext XW but mine is the very old version just after they bought Xantrex so its not supported by any of this :( Our XW, two MPPT80-600 charge controllers, and Conext Battery Monitor always have some variation in the voltage they report...

I also want to upgrade to lithium as well, TBH I was just going to wing it and see what happens, hopefully be able to get to settings close enough that all is well :O

This is something i've noticed with my xw pro 6848 as well. It always reads about .4v higher than actual battery voltage. My dads system has the same inverter and his reads .4v higher. I've tried to find a way to adjust this but haven't been successful. Seems odd they wouldn't have a way to adjust battery voltage offset.

Gonna contact Schneider tech tomorrow and see what they say.

If you have the XW Pro I believe it is supported by Conext Gateway - which Batrium documentation says they are looking into supporting. I think the Conext Gateway has already been replaced by a new generation Gateway product, for the latest Conext XW+, so not sure what availability will be like...Or if Batrium will ever successfully support integrating with the Gateway product. YMMV. You might try reaching out to Batrium to see how it's coming along, their site says they were looking into it for 2021, but nothing more.

link: https://support.batrium.com/article/332-schneider-conext-inverter

I also have a Conext XW but mine is the very old version just after they bought Xantrex so its not supported by any of this :( Our XW, two MPPT80-600 charge controllers, and Conext Battery Monitor always have some variation in the voltage they report...

I also want to upgrade to lithium as well, TBH I was just going to wing it and see what happens, hopefully be able to get to settings close enough that all is well :O
Correct. I have the XW Pro. I have the Gateway, it's been replaced by the combox I guess. To my understanding, they function the same. I don't have anything from Batrium. It's just a desire. I did reach out but have not heard back yet. I'm looking around, others found a means to communicate with other BMS. Still digging. Still digging for a process I can understand as well. Some of these guys have really dug into protocals and script. Above my head.

This is something i've noticed with my xw pro 6848 as well. It always reads about .4v higher than actual battery voltage. My dads system has the same inverter and his reads .4v higher. I've tried to find a way to adjust this but haven't been successful. Seems odd they wouldn't have a way to adjust battery voltage offset.

Gonna contact Schneider tech tomorrow and see what they say.
Mine's lower! Mind is blown. My voltage always reads .3-.6 lower. Schneider didn't have much info for me. Just asked where/how I was getting the correct voltage- Like I'm an idoit.

Please share if they figure it out for you.

My mistake.
No worries man honestly SE makes this way more confusing than it has to be :( Looks like I had it backwards the XW Pro is the latest version and would be supported by the "newest gateway" i linked above. for some reason i thought the XW+ was newer than the Pro :-/

Last edited:
Also, I noticed the biggest variation in voltage readings at night, but when the XW is charging from the generator it is always accurate, and likewise for the charge controllers. I guess the LBCO would be one area to be more concerned about.

Back