diy solar

diy solar

Schneider XW+ Pro technical support win

pvdude

Solar Enthusiast
I installed the inverter & all the other Schneider electronics May-17.
Worked fine until a week ago.
Noticed that the battery level row of LED’s was dark, but batteries measure full charge.
The LED's worked before.
No more 12vdc from the inverter AUX connector, now 2vdc (battery box fan needs 12vdc)
Inverter control panel on/off button no longer works.
So I opened a trouble ticket with Schneider.
After I convinced them that the AUX wiring and measurements were correct, and sent a photo of the battery LED’s dark row, showed them that I was running the latest firmware on every component in the system, was approved for an RMA warranty replacement of the inverter!

Next problem, I am too old w/ too many broken/worn out mechanical parts of my skeletal structure to get the 120lb. inverter off the wall mount bracket.
I had help to mount it, but no longer.
So plan “B”, I built a cradle to lift it w/ the engine hoist.
It’s going to be a PIA to disconnect and move all the stuff connected to the inverter/Mini-PDP, but worth it to get a fully functioning inverter again.
lifting_frame.jpg

I could have used one of those. My wife and I first lifted the new RMA XW Pro onto a table, then we got on step-stools and muscled it up the rest of the way onto the mounting bracket. She bitched and moaned for 2 days after that fun experience. I enclosed the equipment room to insulate/sound proof it. Otherwise, I'd have used the winch on my Jeep!

Back