diy solar

diy solar

Screw Block For Splitting Low amperage DC

Have you used these for the crimp on wire connectors?

There were sets of these at those places. To me, they look sized for auto crimping where you’re doing 14 gauge butt crimps or adding a ring terminal to a 14 gauge wire, however never having used these to crimp a thicker crimp on wire connector
E792385A-3238-4431-B4D7-F7C033A16AE0.jpeg
which is a little bigger than that auto stuff like the small ring terminal I mentioned, the insulated side looks too close to the edge to provide a good crimp for that slightly larger item.

I did ask at both stores, and no one had comped these before.

I was not ready to spend $30 on a tools that may or may not do the job. If someone has used these for the white crimp on wire connector, I’ll definitely get that. Have not had good luck with being the first on my block to try something. Well maybe not good luck, but takes much more time and money than I’d like.
EB522A48-6719-46DC-A27D-C49A0225D4FD.jpeg

Have you used these for the crimp on wire connectors?

There were sets of these at those places. To me, they look sized for auto crimping where you’re doing 14 gauge butt crimps or adding a ring terminal to a 14 gauge wire, however never having used these to crimp a thicker crimp on wire connector
View attachment 45014
which is a little bigger than that auto stuff like the small ring terminal I mentioned, the insulated side looks too close to the edge to provide a good crimp for that slightly larger item.

I did ask at both stores, and no one had comped these before.

I was not ready to spend $30 on a tools that may or may not do the job. If someone has used these for the white crimp on wire connector, I’ll definitely get that. Have not had good luck with being the first on my block to try something. Well maybe not good luck, but takes much more time and money than I’d like.
View attachment 45013
If you crimp too tight, you not only can perforate the outer insulation but also lead to wire fretting where the individual strands are basically stressed or cut.

Back