diy solar

diy solar

Search functionality (Not a Complaint)

Dzl

Unofficial Forum Librarian & Perpetual Newbie
Staff member
First, this is not a complaint. The search feature is pretty great and intuitive.

But the search feature (and sort feature) even the advanced search, doesn't allow a lot of granularity/specificity. Particularly with dates.

Currently, I can search for threads "newer than" and sort by date (but only with newest first). Search would be a lot more powerful if we could specify a date range (or at least choose "newer than" or "older than", and if we could sort by date in "ascending" or "descending."

I wonder how hard it would be to enable this functionality, and/or if this functionality is present but just not visible in the UI?

@upnorthandpersonal @Will Prowse

If I remember correctly, it's not present... - checks - no, not there.
I'll check around if there is a plugin or add-on for it. If not, if I find the time, I can probably add it.

Edit: This would probably do. I'll add it once I have time and if it's ok with @Will Prowse.

• Love
Reactions: Dzl
If I remember correctly, it's not present... - checks - no, not there.
I'll check around if there is a plugin or add-on for it. If not, if I find the time, I can probably add it.

Edit: This would probably do. I'll add it once I have time and if it's ok with @Will Prowse.

That looks awesome! I can't tell if that add-on has the functionality I am looking for, but it looks like it adds a lot of useful functionality.

This feature sounds great for potentially cutting down on duplicate posts (hopefully):
On a new thread, provides potentially similar threads as the title is being created.
Sounds similar to the feature Amazon implemented in their questions/answers section that searches keywords of your question before letting you submit the question. Super useful (both in finding answers and cutting down on duplicates).

Please reply with the "google search term" that works great for searching within diysolarforum.com.

There is so much excellent information already within this forum which I can not find using the search button.

Thanks

Back