diy solar

diy solar

Second Life Nissan Leaf Cells - Battery Pack Assembly

I just tried googling your inverter, and I'm struggling, MPP Solar's site came up with a controller only, but based on your questions it sounds like it's an all in one unit. Do you know what series your inverter is?
It's the MPP LV5048 inverter which is similar to the MUST PV18-5048VHM

Just a suggestion for Leaf cell users. Know your BMS balance voltage and set FLOAT little bit above balance start voltage for your BMS. Having played with leaf cells from internet suppliers and cells I have pulled out of brand new cars leaf cells will vary a great amount and should be watched. Avoid gen 1 cells.
Why would you advice avoiding Gen 1 cells?

1 - program 16 - OSO
2 - program 12 - 48.0
3 - program 13 - 57.0
4 - program 1 - SBU

With my leaf pack I transition off grid and back to solar+battery at 52 volts
I have my bulk charge set to 57 and my float at 55
Thanks for the quick response.

Why would you advice avoiding Gen 1 cells?Gen1 cells degrade faster
Gen1 cells degrade faster over time vs use. Gen 2 zero use cells also show time based degradation as well. Climate plays a huge part, higher heat higher degradation.

@HighTechLab sorry for hijacking your thread

Anyone knows why my battery is supplying power to the grid as in attached picture?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201120-073748_SmartClient.jpg
    Screenshot_20201120-073748_SmartClient.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 11
Anything but under a car with hot asphalt heat soaking them! 1 gen leaf packs didnt even have a thermal layer or heaters.

Pgrid I think is the amount of energy used from the grid. (to charge your batteries) The inverter is incapable of sell back function.

So i put a energy sensor clamps on both the utility input to the inverter and output from the inverter to the load. I am seeing a huge difference in readings. The reading on the input from the grid to the inverter is around 350watts and the output to the load is reading around 150watts. Is this normal?

Gen1 cells degrade faster over time vs use. Gen 2 zero use cells also show time based degradation as well. Climate plays a huge part, higher heat higher degradation.
Its AGE...you can mix gen 1 and two easy, but not gen 3 and 4.....
Gen 1 and gen 2 considering there age must be charged FULL and discharged FULL twice if they where longer than 6 months out of use.
Cobalt chemestry.
But when the SOH% is lower than 50% rated, sorry they are done, you can still use them but not much anymore

Back