diy solar

diy solar

Seeing Growatt Website Issues http://server-us.growatt.com/index

Do you think Growatt is a serious company? I´ve been trying to get some kind of surge rating from them, but they only asked where in the world I live and then they didn´t trouble themselves with answering.

As stated above went with Catl 302, link above, visually inspected each battery for bar code, swelling and appearance, wow definitely brand new, can any one decipher barcode, searched forum and only came up with eve? Wish the battery had name and model oni!! thanks Joe.
1631832046089.png

1631831894374.png 1631832003475.png

Do you think Growatt is a serious company? I´ve been trying to get some kind of surge rating from them, but they only asked where in the world I live and then they didn´t trouble themselves with answering.
Yes I think it is. However, I have learned the hard way to go with a Low Frequency Inverter not a High Frequency Inverter (cheaper) if you have any kind of equipment that causes large surges. I just ordered a Growatt 12kw 48v inverter similar to what Joe BoyKey has.

Ask one of these 2 guys, both sell Growatt in the great USA, my spf-6000t-dvm has been running a year and produced 7.4mwh of energy, did swap control board myself due to fan lock issues that were later fixed with firmware upgrade, free control board, i'm down with that, Joe.
Buy from the one that answers your question 1st, haha
watts247.com <sales@watts247.com>
James Showalter <james@signaturesolar.us>

1631832649933.png

Yes I think it is. However, I have learned the hard way to go with a Low Frequency Inverter not a High Frequency Inverter (cheaper) if you have any kind of equipment that causes large surges. I just ordered a Growatt 12kw 48v inverter similar to what Joe BoyKey has.
They have a new spf-6000t-dvm-mvp that can handle 250v solar input, wish I had that one now, but still happy.

Watch this video for surge - spf-6000t-dvm

Yes, I´ve heard about that, so that´s why I´m curious about it. I´m not sure I can get a low frequency inverter here in Uruguay, everything here is Chinese.

This guy seems to be able to start a compressor, that already have some pressure in it 29 mins in:

Ask one of these 2 guys, both sell Growatt in the great USA, my spf-6000t-dvm has been running a year and produced 7.4mwh of energy, did swap control board myself due to fan lock issues that were later fixed with firmware upgrade, free control board, i'm down with that, Joe.
Buy from the one that answers your question 1st, haha
watts247.com <sales@watts247.com>
James Showalter <james@signaturesolar.us>

View attachment 64993
Thanks, but I´m in Uruguay, so that´s not an option for me.

I've searched threads but haven't been able to confirm that Solar Assistant will work with Growatt, in particular the 3000TL LVM-ES. I wrote Pierre but haven't received an answer. He's out of the complete kits so I suppose I'll buy the Raspberry Pi when I'm in the US next week and hope for the best later.
I am in the same boat. did you ever get your growatt to work with SolarAssistant?

Most of the time the respond very quickly, the canbus took sometime and persistance.

I am in the same boat. did you ever get your growatt to work with SolarAssistant?
I just started testing the solar assistant on the 12k and it’s doing great. Connecting via the server-growatt is great for troubleshooting as growatt can remote in. But I greatly prefer the solar assistant with the way information is laid out.

Last edited:
Pierre is still looking into solar assistant and using my Growatt 3000 as the test subject. Unfortunately my unit went offline sometime this morning and he can’t connect now and I’m out off town for a week. Will report back as things progress.
@JPS Maybe you can send invite to Pierre with admin rights for your install of solar assistant at info@solar-assistant.io

Back