diy solar

diy solar

Seek Thermal Imaging Camera

Thanks svetz. I wanted it for wiring/battery heat.
But I see I could use it for checking solar panels, or air leaks around the house, or moistier intrusion.

Thanks svetz. I wanted it for wiring/battery heat.
But I see I could use it for checking solar panels, or air leaks around the house, or moistier intrusion.
That's pretty much what I use mine for the most. I routinely take an IR snapshot of any wiring changes just to make sure there are no hotspots now. Take wide view shots too, I found bad seal one day as it just happened to be in the background and leaking heat. To paraphrase Forrest Gump, IR is like a box of chocolates...

I have a 6 year old Flir version. I love it. Have used it to build our house and insulate it before drywall was final sanded(drilled a hole in cold spot and spray foam). I have used it in car diagnostics to find for dead cylinders. Heated floor performance in our house. Electrical wiring. Lent it to many coworkers.

Should learn emissivity before playing with anything IR or you will get false reading that can really cause you to make changes you didn't need to.....Hard to read items....Electrical boxes and wiring...

Back