diy solar

diy solar

Seeking a maker to build a Photovoltaic charger/controller for outdoor Dusk to dawn LED

DrLED

I am seeking a Photovoltaic charger/controller for outdoor Dusk to dawn LED array. I purchased 50 solar walkway lights. The controllers are defective and the Chinese company closed during Covid.
Here's the setup: Solar panel produces up to 6.5v in maximum sunlight.
It connects to a Photovoltaic charger/controller that charges ($65) 3.2v lifepo4 65000mAh battery pack.
When sun goes down and the Photovoltaic charger/controller senses no power input it turns on the 3w 3.2v led array, that has 3 days power stored in the battery for cloudy days.
My problem is the controller is overcharging my batteries with up to 6.5v or whatever is coming from solar panel and over s month or two the batteries swell up and die. I think the factory used an off the shelf generic 9v or 12v Photovoltaic charger/controller
Does anyone know of a Photovoltaic charger/controller that will not overcharge my 3.2V lifepo4 battery pack?
or
Can you build controllers with over voltage protection and will turn LEDs on dusk to dawn? I've seen some components with Raspberry pie or Adrino. I do not know those codes.
If you live in So-Cal I could bring you what I have to reverse it or make it.

I am seeking a Photovoltaic charger/controller for outdoor Dusk to dawn LED array. I purchased 50 solar walkway lights. The controllers are defective and the Chinese company closed during Covid.
Here's the setup: Solar panel produces up to 6.5v in maximum sunlight.
It connects to a Photovoltaic charger/controller that charges ($65) 3.2v lifepo4 65000mAh battery pack.
When sun goes down and the Photovoltaic charger/controller senses no power input it turns on the 3w 3.2v led array, that has 3 days power stored in the battery for cloudy days.
My problem is the controller is overcharging my batteries with up to 6.5v or whatever is coming from solar panel and over s month or two the batteries swell up and die. I think the factory used an off the shelf generic 9v or 12v Photovoltaic charger/controller
Does anyone know of a Photovoltaic charger/controller that will not overcharge my 3.2V lifepo4 battery pack?
or
Can you build controllers with over voltage protection and will turn LEDs on dusk to dawn? I've seen some components with Raspberry pie or Adrino. I do not know those codes.
If you live in So-Cal I could bring you what I have to reverse it or make it.
no takers?

Are you able to use a BMS to prevent overcharging?

I use a 10w solar panel with a couple of relays as a "daylight switch" for my various projects. Alternatively, there are light sensing relays available on ebay/amazon but they require a separate 12v power source.

Back