diy solar

diy solar

Seeking Good Folding Panels for Jackery 1000

Here are the instructions for removing the fuses from the Klein multimeter.

I pulled them out and measured their resistance to be in the megaohm range (~15 megaohm). How do I tell if this type of fuse is blown being that you can't see the filament?

Last edited:
I “think” any non-zero measurement on a fuse means its not blown. Does the manual or case identify the fuse?
How about an easy sanity check with a AA or AAA battery?
9B91858B-9937-44C5-931E-E839E41F1D3D.jpeg

The manual mentioned above has the fuse part number. Here it is on Amazon.

Good test idea with the battery. I am still getting zero amps. Ordering another multimeter.

Got a meter that works correctly.

I obtained the following measurements:
20.2 volts
3.2 amps
~65 watts

On the Jackery I am getting 34 watts. Not sure why it is about half the wattage the multimeter is suggesting.

The panel is in direct sun with no portions shaded. Is there potentially something wrong with the MPPT controller?

Last edited:
My Jackery 160 (the little buddy) caps at 34w solar input as well, this seems to be in line with the charge times listed in the manual.

My Jackery 160 (the little buddy) caps at 34w solar input as well, this seems to be in line with the charge times listed in the manual.
Umm, his Jackery is the latest and not so greatest 1000 model.
The problem is his panels output.

This is for the Jackery 1000, which should be able to do 200 watts of solar, but in reality it is closer to 165 watts.

I ended up returning the Jackery because even at 165 watts, it seemed to slow to charge.

The replacement is an Ecoflow Delta. More on this later...

Also, I was able to get my old Klein multimeter working. It turned out that the fuses were blown. Now I can measure current without issue.

Back