diy solar

diy solar

Self improvement

noenegdod

Solar Addict
There are a few people on here I have encountered that really seem to be interested in living the best life they can with the information they have available. Tom Bilyeu, Jordan Peterson, Jeff Volek, Stephen Phinney, Mark Sisson and several others have all changed my direction. Please share yours!

Careful with the keto, along with other nutrients, its a potassium deficient diet so you have to pay attention to that.

Careful with the keto, along with other nutrients, its a potassium deficient diet so you have to pay attention to that.
Doing anything while un/undereducated has risks. You ran into issues while trying what you interpreted as "keto", which has a mountain of misinformation surrounding it and due to its effectiveness has a ton of lazy, low information people adopting it and running into issues. If you take the time to actually adequately educate yourself the issues disappear. That is the purpose of this thread. A community sharing information to improve outcomes for everyone willing to invest the time and effort.

Please, if you are going to present issues at least try to bring some solutions to the table as well. Especially when it is such an old well known concern and has such simple well known solutions:

Last edited:
Doing anything while un/undereducated has risks. You ran into issues while trying what you interpreted as "keto", which has a mountain of misinformation surrounding it and due to its effectiveness has a ton of lazy, low information people adopting it and running into issues. If you take the time to actually adequately educate yourself the issues disappear. That is the purpose of this thread. A community sharing information to improve outcomes for everyone willing to invest the time and effort.

Please, if you are going to present issues at least try to bring some solutions to the table as well. Especially when it is such an old well known concern and has such simple well known solutions:

I did a boat load of research into it.. deep enough that I even gained an understanding of why standard cholesterol testing is inaccurate for someone on a keto diet.

The solution to the nutrient deficiency issue should be something that goes without saying..

Keto diet with common foods is nutrient deficient, so you must make up for that by finding foods that contain the lost nutrients.

The most common response is to eat avocados, but by the end of the first two weeks, you'd be so sick of avocado's you'd never want to eat another one..

There is no strict keto diet that is NOT nutrient deficient.. You have to eat the fruits and veggies, and you have to eat enough of them that you exceed your carb allowances.

I was on a strict Keto diet for three months and dropped 30 lbs and was never hungry.. But then I ran into the nutrient problem and I'm not aware of any fruits or vegetables which contain a nutrient to carb ratio that his high enough in nutrients to avoid going over on the carbs. Well, that is, unless I want to overdose on Avocados.

After 10 months of dealing with the issue, I've come to the following conclusions:
1) A low carb diet that is extremely high in fats is good for you.. The reason its good for you is that it keeps you from being hungry all the time.... but you still need to have enough carbs to get the required nutrients or problems can creep up.
2) It is (mostly) the grains and sugars that we need to avoid.
3) Keto followers have taken on the same fundamental mentality as religious people.. they all have their interpretation and theirs is the one true interpretation.
4) It doesn't matter what foods you eat, if the test strips show ketones, then you're in ketosis, end of story.

I did a boat load of research into it.. deep enough that I even gained an understanding of why standard cholesterol testing is inaccurate for someone on a keto diet.
If your ran into electrolyte issues you didnt do enough
The solution to the nutrient deficiency issue should be something that goes without saying..
It does, it is addressed with even the most superficial genuine research.
Keto diet with common foods is nutrient deficient, so you must make up for that by finding foods that contain the lost nutrients.

The most common response is to eat avocados, but by the end of the first two weeks, you'd be so sick of avocado's you'd never want to eat another one..
Did you watch anything above or are you just here to argue because you had problems? Yes avocados are part of it but there are a ton of others foods. Again if you didnt find it your not looking hard enough. I posted some videos above. There are 5 foods in there alone.

I also told you about cream of tarter in a different thread and your reaction was :

Cream of tartar = yuk..

So if you are not willing to do what it takes to make it work than quite seriously, screw off. This thread was an attempt to share information but you are here trying to say no to everything you dont like or were not willing to do or smart enough to figure out so again, get lost if you dont want to try to make a contribution.

There is no strict keto diet that is NOT nutrient deficient.. You have to eat the fruits and veggies, and you have to eat enough of them that you exceed your carb allowances.

I was on a strict Keto diet for three months and dropped 30 lbs and was never hungry.. But then I ran into the nutrient problem and I'm not aware of any fruits or vegetables which contain a nutrient to carb ratio that his high enough in nutrients to avoid going over on the carbs. Well, that is, unless I want to overdose on Avocados.

Again, go up watch the videos above

After 10 months of dealing with the issue, I've come to the following conclusions:
1) A low carb diet that is extremely high in fats is good for you.. The reason its good for you is that it keeps you from being hungry all the time.... but you still need to have enough carbs to get the required nutrients or problems can creep up.
2) It is (mostly) the grains and sugars that we need to avoid.
3) Keto followers have taken on the same fundamental mentality as religious people.. they all have their interpretation and theirs is the one true interpretation.
4) It doesn't matter what foods you eat, if the test strips show ketones, then you're in ketosis, end of story.
Those are the conclusions of someone who did superficial research or only took in what they wanted to hear, blazed ahead and was unable to resolve anything in a way they were happy or comfortable with.

Thanks for crapping all over what could have been a productive thread.

Back