diy solar

diy solar

Sell/buy without being ripped off?

Watch out with cashier checks those can be counterfeit it may take up to 10 days for your bank to discover the cashier check was fake. This was a common scam when selling on craigslist. Buyer would call, or text tell you they are sending you a cashier's check to cover the cost of someone to pick the item up. They would ask you to send them the difference by some other type of legitimate payment. Later you find out the check they sent you was fake, but you sent them real money back. Usually, the difference was $300-500. They send you a fake check for $10-20k. You feel safe about sending them under $1000 in real money.

When I buy, or sell from a private party, I require the buyer to meet me at their bank where I can watch the check being made out by the bank, I know it is legitimate. I do the same when buying a vehicle. I used to get cash, but due to law enforcement using asset forfeiture on the side of the highway I no longer do that. I recommend not transporting large amounts of cash on the highways. There are videos on YT of highway patrol officers robbing people of their cash as little as $5000. I just watched this news Linked here> story about the DEA, and local police doing the same thing at the Alanta international airport.

Back