diy solar

diy solar

Separate Charge Controllers for East West Panels?

RicoPobre

I’m trying to overcome low production in the morning and later afternoon. I have 2880 watts of panels facing south. Because I’m broke, my battery bank is cost constrained. I can use lots of power but by 5pm I start dipping into battery power If I have a heavy load. Since I can get Santan panels cheap, the solution would be more panels. I’d like to put in some panels facing East and some facing West.

how much of a hit would i take if I ran both my east and west facing panels on the same charge controller? What if I only tilted them east and west about 5 degrees or so?

I’m 100% off grid and living on an AZ teacher salary (think Walmart wages). I really don’t want to get a separate charge controller for each of the arrays unless I have to.

I’m trying to overcome low production in the morning and later afternoon. I have 2880 watts of panels facing south. Because I’m broke, my battery bank is cost constrained. I can use lots of power but by 5pm I start dipping into battery power If I have a heavy load. Since I can get Santan panels cheap, the solution would be more panels. I’d like to put in some panels facing East and some facing West.

how much of a hit would i take if I ran both my east and west facing panels on the same charge controller? What if I only tilted them east and west about 5 degrees or so?

I’m 100% off grid and living on an AZ teacher salary (think Walmart wages). I really don’t want to get a separate charge controller for each of the arrays unless I have to.
Think (blackmail) if you teach children that 2+2=4, I will help.

We need specifics of your solar system as it is now, if you want meaningful advice. There are decent controllers out there for $250 or less.

Back