diy solar

diy solar

Seplos 16S 48 V BMS with Goodwe GW5048D-ES ?

TimA

Hello

Does the Seplos BMS work with the Goodwe GW5048D-ES Hybrid inverter?

It should work with canbus, as said on the website but does it really work?

It's hard to find a hybrid inverter with 48 V in Germany. Everything is HV now.

Growatt SPH used to work, but now appears to check serial numbers of the battery as far as I know.
I like to go for the GoodWe instead. Could someone confirm if this communicates as expected.

Many Thanks

Hello

Growatt SPH used to work, but now appears to check serial numbers of the battery as far as I know.
I like to go for the GoodWe instead. Could someone confirm if this communicates as expected.

Many Thanks
I doubt that the current SPH 4600 are doing this cause you can not find anything about that. The SPH 4600 is 1 phase while the bigger ones above that are HV and they might check the battery serial cause they have gotten an hardware upgrade early 2022.
You also need to ask SEPLOS cause here you can not find a reliable answer just hear saying. SEPLOS say that it does support the Growatt SPH series at least they did before when I had bought mine back in may or so.

Seplos support has been pretty receptive to questions, at least for me. I asked them if my RS485 BMS was able to communicate with my new Sol Ark 12k, and they asked for my BMS serial number and then promptly sent me a firmware update for it.

Try reaching out to them

Hi @denmek
Can I friendly ask, what are your settings?
My setup is not working properly yet.

In the Goodwe, my BMS is set to self define.
The Seplos BMS is set to „default“ as Seplos support recommended.

Unfortunately the inverter always says Battery communication error.
Loading is inhibited and BMS is in standby.

When I unplug the Can connector in BMS the charging or discharging starts.

Can you or anyone help with hints to solve this issue?

Thank you!

Best regards
Tom

You might try to check off-grid garage who has done a lot on the SEPLOS BMS and batteries, I guess 25 or even more videos explaining all the parameters - at least for the Victron world

I know that Goodwe has been on the list of compliant inverters and therefore the CANBUS should work for you if you have the most recent firmware, cause while andy for off-grid garage was filming they had done a lot of changes he had recommanded in last autumn for his dream of 2 or 3 SEPLOS battery power bank in 1 which will not really happen at least with the VICTRON system he has.

But you should be able to ask him for support or watch his videos where he is explaining all the settings in the older version from before october 2022 and the newer BMS which offer Bluetooth and app support too. He knows at least all the details about the seplos bms and canbus so hopefully he can help you with the goodwe if the support and seplos havent found the solution.
He is german too, but emigrated 13 years ago to Australia so might be fun for him to practice his german skills again and get rid off the rust.

Hello

Many Thanks
you could look at deye/sunsynk, they are sold by yess and blauhoff in germany

I followed the same process of contacting support with the exception that when their firmware update cooked one of the BMS, they refused to replace it.

Ich verwende mehrere GW5048, GW3648 damit, keine Probleme.
ich hätte auch interesse an euren einstellungen.
habe ein 3648 und ein 5048 . Im Moment ein seplos mit 304ah lifepo
Zum Ladeschluss habe ich eine Spannungsdifferenz von rd 80mv zwischen den Zellen.
ist das ok?

Hi,

I have built an interface board kit and software that allow communications between the JK-BMS and Inverters supporting CAN bus(pylon protocol)

I use a Goodwe inverter myself and it works great!

See here for more info, it may be what you are looking for:

Regards

Hi @denmek
Can I friendly ask, what are your settings?
My setup is not working properly yet.

In the Goodwe, my BMS is set to self define.
The Seplos BMS is set to „default“ as Seplos support recommended.

Unfortunately the inverter always says Battery communication error.
Loading is inhibited and BMS is in standby.

When I unplug the Can connector in BMS the charging or discharging starts.

Can you or anyone help with hints to solve this issue?

Thank you!

Best regards
Tom
Hello, Have you solved the problem?, Im also stuck with the same problem gw5048d-es and Seplos 10E

Back