diy solar

diy solar

Seplos 48V 100A 8S-16S BMS

tflak

I purchased this on Alibaba:

1639250957053.png
Based on the "specification" line on this order, I want wanted this to work in an 8S 24V configuration.

However the product I received has this part number on the board:

1639251058612.png

The product clearly supports a 16S configuration - that's the suffix on the model number, and the product comes with two harnesses that connect to 8 batteries each, so it definitely supports 48V 16S configuration. The two Seplos BMS manuals posted on this forum (100A and 200A) versions both describe this as an "8S-16S" product, but nothing in the documentation otherwise mentions how to use it in an 8S configuration. So I'm wonding if this product actually supports 8S 24V configuration or not. If it does, I'm wondering about documentation on which harness to use, and what parameters to modify, and generally how to use it as such.

If anyone has any knowledge on this topic, I'd love to hear!

Thanks!

If you don't get an answer here, I would also try pinging Seplos and see if they can provide better instructions and a diagram.

Yes, thank you; I have inquired to Seplos via their website, and also via Alibaba message system.

Yeah because there could be different ways they want you to wire it from brand to brand. Like for example, on my JKBMS active balancers, they just have you not wire in the unused cell wires at all (leave them open), whereas on my JBD BMS they have you wire all like normal, then all the unused channels, you bridge all those connections onto the last cell (or something like that), and you set how many s you are using in the app or something (going off memory there, I was supplied with a picture diagram for it in the pdf, the manufacturer sent to me by email)....

I would think Seplos has a more detailed diagram and instructions they could provide. If they don't respond, just keep pinging back again once in awhile to make your 'wheel a bit more speaky' I suppose...

Awhile back, I did enquire to Seplos about possibly buying a set of BMSs from them, and I remember they did respond back and forth with me a few times, so I know they can respond back to customers.

I don't know right now which email address I had used. Maybe I can find it somewhere and post it.

Last edited:
I found the guy I had been pinging back and forth from Seplos.. You could try this email:

aaron@seplos.com

Sales Engineer

He had responded back to me several times on a back and forth when I had asked a bunch of technical questions about communications protocol and MPP inverter communication and whatnot.

Thanks for sharing your experience....sounds like there's hope that this 16S board might work in an 8S configuration - certainly seems feasible and I hope that will prove to be the case. I have messaged Seplos, so hopefully I will hear back....and thanks for the email address....I will try that if I don't hear back soon.

Finally confirmed with Adam Han from Seplos that you are correct; I had hoped perhaps that the same hardware could support 8s or 16s modes, but this apparently is not the case.

I have requested from Seplos that the send the correct BMS as ordered; Adam Han was going to check inventory and get back to me; we'll see how that goes! Hopefully they will take responsibility for the error.

I did receive the Seplos BMS 24V 100A 8s manual and have posted that to the manuals section of this forum.

Thanks to everyone who replied for your help on this.

My feedback on Seplos.

I have completed two orders with Seplos and in the balance I am happy with them (none were for batteries - both for 200A 48v BMS's). I was one of the first to order their 200A BMS in the first go to market proof of product they did and after ordering I saw that some people had a problem with a failure of diodes. So I communicated with them and asked them to send me the updated diode. This was a precaution on my part in case mine failed (didn't want a long wait for parts) and because I'm not really a tech person and didn't want a problem miss matching parts. They referred me to an eBay link which was a bit sad on their part - they knew I had a potentially faulty unit. I expected a lot better having taken a leap of faith in their new product.

The second communication with them was related to the purchase of another BMS. On that part they couldn't have been more helpful, as yes there was a sale, but they did help me sort thru my shortfalls on understanding whether my BMS would work with my particular Inverter.

My end take is that they are good on sales and just OK on service. And some of the problems with service are language related. Resist the urge to ask a question when they haven't answered the first as they are probably still answering the first and you will confuse the communication,. This isn't just a Seplos problem as it applies to most Alibaba/ Aliexpress/ Ch vendors.

Would I deal with Seplos again = yes.....but only because of their product........ their after-sales service = SUB STANDARD.

My feedback on Seplos.

I have completed two orders with Seplos and in the balance I am happy with them (none were for batteries - both for 200A 48v BMS's). I was one of the first to order their 200A BMS in the first go to market proof of product they did and after ordering I saw that some people had a problem with a failure of diodes. So I communicated with them and asked them to send me the updated diode. This was a precaution on my part in case mine failed (didn't want a long wait for parts) and because I'm not really a tech person and didn't want a problem miss matching parts. They referred me to an eBay link which was a bit sad on their part - they knew I had a potentially faulty unit. I expected a lot better having taken a leap of faith in their new product.

The second communication with them was related to the purchase of another BMS. On that part they couldn't have been more helpful, as yes there was a sale, but they did help me sort thru my shortfalls on understanding whether my BMS would work with my particular Inverter.

My end take is that they are good on sales and just OK on service. And some of the problems with service are language related. Resist the urge to ask a question when they haven't answered the first as they are probably still answering the first and you will confuse the communication,. This isn't just a Seplos problem as it applies to most Alibaba/ Aliexpress/ Ch vendors.

Would I deal with Seplos again = yes.....but only because of their product........ their after-sales service = SUB STANDARD.
Last sentence...absolutely agree...shocking!

Back