diy solar

diy solar

Seplos BMS - abnormal communication

bugsysiegel

Hi guys,

I have a small problem here.

My battery box works well, but the display connected to seplos bms shows "abnormal communication".

I have tried to make a cable to connect my MPP PIP Max with seplos and since then got this message and can't use the display, nothing works.

The battery luckily works well, it charges, discharges, the cable I got connected to Solar Assistant works and at least I got details via that, ...

I would love to get the error cleared, any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

I posted a thread in the BMS section on it. Flash it 10 times from the Battery Monitor software, NO MATTER THE ERRORS DON'T CLICK ANYTHING... If you are lucky it comes back.. If you are unlucky, then you have lost nothing and are in the same place you are today.

Last edited:
Can you please send me Alan's contact? I have the same fault and I can't update firmware, I always get errors below:

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

However I am able to connect and monitor parameters using Battery Monitor software, and when I select PN-GDLT Can protocol the inverter starts to discharge and the battery on the inverter side is seen as SHEnergy. Not sure what to do next... any help would be appreciated.

unnamed (2).jpg

Well I found the problem, LCD and Bluetooth have to be enabled under "Upload Parameter" section. I now just have to figure out what protocol to choose from the list, as Sofar is not available.

Back