diy solar

diy solar

Seplos BMS Abnormal Communication

mariadumitruiulian

Hi guys, I need a bit of help here as I am having problems with a Seplos BMS bought on AE from Minerals store.

So, yesterday I received the BMS and today I started to build all the connections to start it. Everything finalized, checked 3 times that everything is wired correctly and pressed the reset button. LEDs started to light from left to right one by one then just the right one remained on flashing, and "Abnormal Communication" message is present on the screen.
I managed somehow to connect via the RS 485 port to inverter using Battery Monitor software, but I am not able to see the Sofar communication protocol under CAN menu, so I wanted to do a firmware update but, as much as I tried I couldn't get it to work. I always get Unknown Error, then "Write0h record fail, please try again!" and update doesn't even start, and BMS restarts each time(LEDs flashing left to right as when it starts).

I connected the CAN cable from inverter to BMS and selected the first Protocol under CAN menu in battery monitor software, then inverter sees battery as SHEnergy and started to discharge. Not sure about charging(will test tomorrow), but discharge works.
However, I am still not able to upgrade firmware , and I still have the "Abnormal Communication" error on LCD. Also Bluetooth doesn't seem to work, but I'll look after this once I get the other issue fixed (hopefully).

I see in the Seplos documentation there is a separate application used just for firmware update. Anyone has this? Or is there a special procedure that needs to be followed when doing upgrade?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, or maybe somebody has contact from Seplos technical support (other than the email found on Seplos website).

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• IMG_3029.JPG
    IMG_3029.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3047.JPG
    IMG_3047.JPG
    426.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3046.JPG
    IMG_3046.JPG
    547 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3045.JPG
    IMG_3045.JPG
    513.6 KB · Views: 50
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 40
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 41
Hi, sorry to respond on such an old thread, however I've experienced the same thing on my end. I also bought the same BMS from the same store and attempted an upgrade of the firmware. It doesn't work for some reason. I contacted Minerals with the issue and all they said was to not upgrade the firmware. Not sure if they have some sort of manufacturer lockout on upgrading the firmware but it doesn't seem possible, unless Seplos gets on board and helps out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230528_093631_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20230528_093631_AliExpress.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 22
Hi, sorry to respond on such an old thread, however I've experienced the same thing on my end. I also bought the same BMS from the same store and attempted an upgrade of the firmware. It doesn't work for some reason. I contacted Minerals with the issue and all they said was to not upgrade the firmware. Not sure if they have some sort of manufacturer lockout on upgrading the firmware but it doesn't seem possible, unless Seplos gets on board and helps out.
any specific reason you were upgrading ?

I was attempting an upgrade in order to get 2 BMS's to the same version. I had one pack that was using a Seplos-based BMS from the manufacturer of the pack and bought the second BMS in order to DIY assemble a usable pack that could parallel to the first. The first pack allowed me to upgrade firmware with no issues, but the Minerals one just doesn't allow it for some reason.

I was attempting an upgrade in order to get 2 BMS's to the same version. I had one pack that was using a Seplos-based BMS from the manufacturer of the pack and bought the second BMS in order to DIY assemble a usable pack that could parallel to the first. The first pack allowed me to upgrade firmware with no issues, but the Minerals one just doesn't allow it for some reason.
are you sure of the version ?
there are 3, with each their own firmare

10d - rs485 only
10c - older canbus only
10e - newest , both canbus and rs485

are you sure of the version ?
there are 3, with each their own firmare

10d - rs485 only
10c - older canbus only
10e - newest , both canbus and rs485
I'll need to look into that because I have not physically opened the pack that was premanufactured, so could only identify the version from firmware and the Battery Monitor software. The version that I bought was the 10e.

On a side note, has anyone managed to get individual pack parameters to display on a Deye inverter? It only shows me the average SoC of the 2 packs, but no individual pack parameters.

I'll need to look into that because I have not physically opened the pack that was premanufactured, so could only identify the version from firmware and the Battery Monitor software. The version that I bought was the 10e.

On a side note, has anyone managed to get individual pack parameters to display on a Deye inverter? It only shows me the average SoC of the 2 packs, but no individual pack parameters.
once stacked, it will only display the combined information.
if you want individual pack info, you'll need something like solar assistant

hello
in the firmware change software you put pack 1 and you launch the firmware, it should work!

Back