diy solar

diy solar

Seplos BMS and RS485 coms to PC

Here are voltage measurements at the BMS 485 connector with nothing plugged in.
A= pin 2 or 7
B= pin 1 or 8
G= pin 3 or 6

A to B = ~5 volts, positive at A
A to G = ~5 volts, positive at A
B to G =about 0.015 volts, positive at B

Taken with an analog meter. This is the last thing I think of for remote help. It's tough when you don't have spares to swap in. I've been fighting an intermittent A/V problem at our church for 6 months, without spares for the expensive stuff. It's maddening!

Those measurements are exactly the same as mine tigerwillow1 excepting my voltage at A and B is slightly less at 4.9v. That could also be my meter. I will get someone to check the coms port next. Thanks for your help.

Had exactly the same problem...
All done according the PDF from seplos... Online Help...
But connect was not successfully.

After changing the baud-rate to 9600 and not selection a battery pack.
All went fine.
Baud-rate depends what you order at seplos ( if you request pylon protocol ) then the baud-rate is 9600 instead of 19200.

Also very trick is to use only 15S ( 15 cell instead of 16) but it works.
You need a 16 cell ( short term) if not - system went off in 60 seconds! you need to be very fast...

login and upload the parameter ... Edit ... about #62 there is a 16.000 -> for 16 cells.
change to 15.
don't press the download button! ( not worked for me)
also not the right side button download.
the very small icon "save all" works. System reboots. not you can remove cell 16.
Don't forget to set you Ah correctly.

The reason my inverter does not like the 51.2V at startup...

15S (48V) with 300Ah is online now -:)

Hope this helps others

Andreas

Attachments

• seplos_16s_start_with_15S_but_9600_baud.PNG
    seplos_16s_start_with_15S_but_9600_baud.PNG
    199.2 KB · Views: 197
  • seplos_48V_16S_to_15S_Parameter_65.PNG
    seplos_48V_16S_to_15S_Parameter_65.PNG
    72 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
I am having problems getting data from DALY BMS. I am connecting the rs485 A and b ground terminal it is connecting the software but I'm not able read the few parameters.

and also need know the data which is coming the bms?

I am having problems getting data from DALY BMS. I am connecting the rs485 A and b ground terminal it is connecting the software but I'm not able read the few parameters.

and also need know the data which is coming the b

this topic is about a different BMS

Question? i just installed the Seplos 200 amp BMS, it connected to the inverter and has cycled at least 4 times. I have yet to connect the BMS to a PC using the battery monitor software. The default setting on the LCD display shows my battery capacity at 200 ah, but my actual battery capacity is 400 ah. This is resulting in me not using half of my battery capacity. How do i get the Seplos BMS to display the actual battery capacity of 400 ah.

Question? i just installed the Seplos 200 amp BMS, it connected to the inverter and has cycled at least 4 times. I have yet to connect the BMS to a PC using the battery monitor software. The default setting on the LCD display shows my battery capacity at 200 ah, but my actual battery capacity is 400 ah. This is resulting in me not using half of my battery capacity. How do i get the Seplos BMS to display the actual battery capacity of 400 ah.
A full charge and discharge will automatically set the ah, but might be easier to plug in to PC and configure.

A full charge and discharge will automatically set the ah, but might be easier to plug in to PC and configure.
Thanks Shavermcspud, I suspect it should since the manual hints to that. But it hasn't readjusted. So once i get a chance i will try the PC route. Hopefully it should be simple???.

Thanks Shavermcspud, Finally received my USB to RS485 connector and Connected the Seplos BMS to laptop, and I was then able to change my battery capacity from 200 Ah (default) to 400 Ah. Great BMS I should say.
Hi MNRosado is your Seplos BMS able to communicate with the Megarevo Inverter?

Yes, Solid Orange is A+, Orange/white is B- and solid Green is Ground, inverter and BMS are using canbus, not RS485.

Last edited:
Get the latest Seplos Battery monitor V2.1.8 software , you need to get a RS485 to USB adapter. Someone showed an waveshare adapter with the FTDI chipset with the A+, B-, and ground. That should work.

The chances are, if you have connected up the adapter and it is a "USB to Ethernet adapter" to the RS485 port on the BMS it will have damaged it permanently, the brown & brown/ white have a 7v+ initial bias + & - on initial connection to determine if a POE switch is connected, this will destroy the BMS's RS485 instantly, hence why you possibly have had no luck on using any of the other adapters if it is indeed an Ethernet adapter?. Although looking at the spec, the white unit appears to be an FTDI USB to RS232 serial port which again is bad news if connected up, RS232 & RS485 are two very different transport layers for communication with different voltages etc. Their website doesn't make it clear what BMS uses what interface, although every unit I have bought and requested an RS485 adapter with has come with the blue USB unit. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the unit is damaged now. I presume you are in the UK like me? Drop me a private message, if you are local to me, we can do some test on kit I have here.
Hi can my husband contact you please with a very similar communication problem he is experiencing, we are in the UK too. He uses WhatsApp too.

Drop me a private message on here.
Hi, my Seplos BMS has arrived :), should I be able to communicate with BMS on computer without connecting to battery system?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 83
Back