diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

Yes, running my old calb plastic encased cell with a seplos 10c .
Health 78%
How does it work? I have setup the capacity to 280Ah, but the bms triggers low voltage protection when there are around 25Ah left, so it should show 91% SoH.
Has the ‘rated capacity’ or ‘battery capcity’ displayed changed for you?

1710700285068.png

Do you regularly hit the low voltage protection by any chance?

How does it work? I have setup the capacity to 280Ah, but the bms triggers low voltage protection when there are around 25Ah left, so it should show 91% SoH.
Has the ‘rated capacity’ or ‘battery capcity’ displayed changed for you?

View attachment 202671

Do you regularly hit the low voltage protection by any chance?
No, I think it is calculated by resistance and efficienty of the cells and pack, yet haven't got that confirmed
This pack was cycled from 100% - 15% daily for 4,5 years, haven't been regularly cycled the last couple of years.
Got them used, out of planes, so who know what happened in cycling terms before

Hello, I cannot connect to the Seplos BMS via Bluetooth. On smartphones and tablets, Seplos BMS is not displayed in the Bluetooth settings. The built-in Neey BMS is displayed in the Bluetooth settings on the smartphone and tablet.
Is there a solution?
Thanks for the help.

Hello, I cannot connect to the Seplos BMS via Bluetooth. On smartphones and tablets, Seplos BMS is not displayed in the Bluetooth settings. The built-in Neey BMS is displayed in the Bluetooth settings on the smartphone and tablet.
Is there a solution?
Thanks for the help.
You need to use the proper app for your BMS..
V2 and V3 use w different app, both can be downloaded directly from the seplos site , after registration

You need to use the proper app for your BMS..
V2 and V3 use w different app, both can be downloaded directly from the seplos site , after registration
Thanks for the support.
I use V3.
A connection with the Seplos app via Bluetooth is probably only possible if the RS 485 connection between the inverter and batteries is separated.
Or is there another option?

What is the best way to set the parameters in the Seplos BMS?
I use Growatt SPF 5000 ES in parallel operation off grid with two batteries with Seplos BMS V3.0 and Neey BMS.
Thanks

What is the best way to set the parameters in the Seplos BMS?
I use Growatt SPF 5000 ES in parallel operation off grid with two batteries with Seplos BMS V3.0 and Neey BMS.
Thanks
I believe you can only change the V3 setting through the windows software and a rs485 connection.
The bluetooth i think is monitoring only

The saga continues. The daughter PCB turned up and as I suspected won't connect to either the inverter or the PC. Furthermore the BMS is not switching on properly so there is not any Voltage across the P+ and P- pins (hence can't switch the invertor on)

Think it is a FW problem again given my comment above. Back to Fogstar again. Getting rather annoyed by this.

Other option is to send the original BMS to Seplos to reflash with the latest FW, will also do this but will then have to wait out Chinese NY etc.

Well this has taken a while but I have an update. Fogstar did not reply or respond or offer any kind of help, useless.

Separately to this I sent my original BMS to Seplos for re-programming. This took ages until last week they sent it.....to the wrong person. It is now with some random who knows where. But its OK at least postage was only about 50 sodding pounds. Also useless

Finally I bought a new PCB from Fogstar as I didn't have much choice (the enclosure is for the Seplos BMS). Funnily enough they took the money quickly and dispatched the new PCB which is now working........

One day I will get the original BMS back and be able to get on with my life but thus far underwhelmed by the customer service and firmware quality.

Back