diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

It is necessary to download the file to your computer, unzip it with any archiver, and then run the executable file .exe
I ended up getting it open by extracting It to the desktop and I can see the software but I can’t get a connection yet. Maybe there is a file in the .exe that not properly installed.

running them perfectly fine om my windows 7, 10 and 11 beta
I am sure the problem is at my end but having said that the Seplos instructions aren’t totally clear for a novice. I never received a RS485 to USB adapter in my kit so I am using a Realtek USB to Ethernet connection. The Realtek device is recognized on the PC but I’m only getting a solid yellow light on the adaptor. I have updated the driver and I also have NET a framework 4.5 installed on my PC. From the adaptor I am running cat 6 cable to the BMS RS485A port. The Seplos software doesn’t see the port with the USB. The baud rate is set to 19200 I have restarted both the PC and BMS. Any help would be appreciated.

I am sure the problem is at my end but having said that the Seplos instructions aren’t totally clear for a novice. I never received a RS485 to USB adapter in my kit so I am using a Realtek USB to Ethernet connection. The Realtek device is recognized on the PC but I’m only getting a solid yellow light on the adaptor. I have updated the driver and I also have NET a framework 4.5 installed on my PC. From the adaptor I am running cat 6 cable to the BMS RS485A port. The Seplos software doesn’t see the port with the USB. The baud rate is set to 19200 I have restarted both the PC and BMS. Any help would be appreciated.
"Realtek USB to Ethernet connection" unplug that straight away, its probably too late but you will have potentially damaged the port on the BMS, its not ethernet! it just uses the RJ45 connection. As you even stated you didn't get a USB to RS485 adapter but you've plugged in an Ethernet to USB adapter. That's not good.. Ethernet send +2.5 V or −2.5 V over the very pair of wires you need for RS485 communications on the BMS which is max 0.25v for logic both ways.

Last edited:
"Realtek USB to Ethernet connection" unplug that straight away, its probably too late but you will have potentially damaged the port on the BMS, its not ethernet! it just uses the RJ45 connection. As you even stated you didn't get a USB to RS485 adapter but you've plugged in an Ethernet to USB adapter. That's not good.. Ethernet send +2.5 V or −2.5 V over the very pair of wires you need for RS485 communications on the BMS which is max 0.25v for logic both ways.
That not a good start. so I guess I’m laid up for a while now until I get a USB to RJ485 adapter. Then cross my fingers and plug it in. Thanks for the reply.

Firmware for Seplos 200A BMS, problems with Growatt SPH. CAN adjustments

CAN1101[FW27-DFSET_GW02_NEW_210616].ehex
I have SPH4000 and can't upload firmware. I got the same firmware from SEPLOS but when I try to upload every time I get an error 'Get package capacity fail'.
Does anyone know the reason?

Yeah I will try. Sounds like a plan. Thank You.

I am not sure if I am allowed to post firmware.
CAN1101[FW27-DFSET_GW02_NEW_210616].ehex The version I got from seplos support worked for me - with Growatt SPH 4600
CAN1101[FW27-DFSET_PN01_210520].ehex. This version did not work at my side, even with protocol switches in seplos tool.
I get firmware CAN1101[FW27-DFSET_GW02_NEW_210616].ehex from Seplos but I can't upload this firmware on BMS. Few days ago I uploaded firmware CAN1101[FW27-DFSET_PN01_210520].ehex without any issue. When I upload firmware I get an error 'Get package capacity fail'. Have any idea what the reason is?

i would just be interested in a frontplate ;)
For those using Seplos products, was the company honest and professional? I ordered four Mason batteries, two 200amp BMS's, and. JASN busbar, totaling around $7000 in Sept.

Its been over 90 days now, and I have received nothing, and they have been VERY evasive in providing different stories, and incorrect shipping info, no copies of shipping lables, and just keep saying they will "push their forwarder" for information. I did not use the scam email, and dealt directly with the company using chat on their Alibaba site. I used credit card, and Alibaba processes.

I am getting concerned at this point though, and my options are becoming limited due to my waiting, as I know logistics is screwed up at the moment. But 90 days and counting? Have your experiences been better?
I know others have the same concerns as I at the moment, and I dont want to bad mouth the company yet, but I am getting concerned, as thats a lot of cash to loose. The good news is Adam did provide shipping lable proof of the busbar, but thats it.

For those using Seplos products, was the company honest and professional? I ordered four Mason batteries, two 200amp BMS's, and. JASN busbar, totaling around $7000 in Sept.

Its been over 90 days now, and I have received nothing, and they have been VERY evasive in providing different stories, and incorrect shipping info, no copies of shipping lables, and just keep saying they will "push their forwarder" for information. I did not use the scam email, and dealt directly with the company using chat on their Alibaba site. I used credit card, and Alibaba processes.

I am getting concerned at this point though, and my options are becoming limited due to my waiting, as I know logistics is screwed up at the moment. But 90 days and counting? Have your experiences been better?
I know others have the same concerns as I at the moment, and I dont want to bad mouth the company yet, but I am getting concerned, as thats a lot of cash to loose. The good news is Adam did provide shipping lable proof of the busbar, but thats it.
they have been nothing but correct by me.
my bms arrived 5 days after ordering by airfreight, that however is no option for complete packs

it is they same deal as those waiting for cells, shipping globally is a big old mess.
i am realitively fortunate in that there is a direct train connecting between china and a nearby city that runs twice a week

@RayfromTX did you have the same experience as me ?

Yes, one terminal cannot carry enough current. You're supposed to connected all the terminals with P+,P-
Chris Ren,
Mostly, my latest shipment was sent by DHL instead of fedex. DHL is terrible. It took many days longer. I still have not received one of the four BMS from the last order and tracking shows it held up in customs in Cincinnati since November 30. Adam says it is ready for delivery and DHL shows nothing. Of the three that I got, DHL showed it out for delivery 3 days in a row before I called them and it was then delivered that day. I got an email about buying one of their ready made batteries from Adam's email address. I asked if he sent it and he said he did not. That may or may not be true.
Thata great news, but the fedex info on my orders show delivery was made in Illinois. I live in NY. They will not provide tracking numbers for the Masons.
They also labeled the orders as shipped express on Alibaba, so it auto closed after 30 days.

I bought from Seplos BMS through Alibaba. The salesman was helpful and I got an invoice by which I paid.
I asked BMS which communicates with my Growatt SP4000. Within 10 days I received BMS. Everything was OK except he didn't communicate with the inverter.
After that I uploaded the firmware that was on my OneDrive together with a Desktop application for monitoring batteri. The upload was passed well but BMS again does not want to communicate with the inverter.
I contacted Seplos support and the technician next day said: 'the firmware of this BMS communication has been disordered, because the BMS of 485 communication cannot be upgraded using the CAN communication program. Only by returning to the factory can it be restored to its original condition.'
The problem is that Growatt communicates via the RS485 and CAN protocol. When you order a BMS from Seplos be careful. Seplos BMS have the option to communicate with inverters over CAN and RS485. Try asking them for a BMS just for your inverter. Since I asked for a BMS for my inverter and it does not communicate with the inverter, Seplos promised to send me another one at no charge.
I haven't received BMS yet, but so far it has been fair by Seplos and the support answered my questions quickly. Seller on Alibaba was active all day and kindly answered my questions.
My experiences with Seplos so far are very good.
BMS is a very good design. It is well made with great options. The ballast works very well and after the first charge and balancing my batteries have more energy.

I bought from Seplos BMS through Alibaba. The salesman was helpful and I got an invoice by which I paid.
I asked BMS which communicates with my Growatt SP4000. Within 10 days I received BMS. Everything was OK except he didn't communicate with the inverter.
After that I uploaded the firmware that was on my OneDrive together with a Desktop application for monitoring batteri. The upload was passed well but BMS again does not want to communicate with the inverter.
I contacted Seplos support and the technician next day said: 'the firmware of this BMS communication has been disordered, because the BMS of 485 communication cannot be upgraded using the CAN communication program. Only by returning to the factory can it be restored to its original condition.'
The problem is that Growatt communicates via the RS485 and CAN protocol. When you order a BMS from Seplos be careful. Seplos BMS have the option to communicate with inverters over CAN and RS485. Try asking them for a BMS just for your inverter. Since I asked for a BMS for my inverter and it does not communicate with the inverter, Seplos promised to send me another one at no charge.
I haven't received BMS yet, but so far it has been fair by Seplos and the support answered my questions quickly. Seller on Alibaba was active all day and kindly answered my questions.
My experiences with Seplos so far are very good.
BMS is a very good design. It is well made with great options. The ballast works very well and after the first charge and balancing my batteries have more energy.
Thank you for that information. Your experience seems to be similar with others for the Seplos BMS. They have good support and great technology. That is why I made the purchase. I am just hoping this shipping delay is a one off, due to issues beyond their control, and that I will receive my batteries, and all will be well.

Hello Guys, I just would like get your expert opinion. I planning to build a 48V/100Ah diy lifepo4 pack for my solar.
I'm confuse which Seplos BMS specification should I buy.
Should I buy the Seplos BMS rated 48V 100A with CAN and LCD Screen?
Or Should I buy the Seplos BMS rated at 48V 150A?

Is there any advantage if I get a highly rated 48V 150A Seplos when my battery pack is rated at 48V 100Ah?

I would like to get your technical recommendation.

Thank you

Hello Guys, I just would like get your expert opinion. I planning to build a 48V/100Ah diy lifepo4 pack for my solar.
I'm confuse which Seplos BMS specification should I buy.
Should I buy the Seplos BMS rated 48V 100A with CAN and LCD Screen?
Or Should I buy the Seplos BMS rated at 48V 150A?

Is there any advantage if I get a highly rated 48V 150A Seplos when my battery pack is rated at 48V 100Ah?

I would like to get your technical recommendation.

Thank you
Depends on your max inverter load, mine can only draw 70amps max so the 100amp version has sufficient headroom for me.

Depends on your max inverter load, mine can only draw 70amps max so the 100amp version has sufficient headroom for me.
Hello @shavermcspud , just to clarify the 70 amps current draw of your inverter is based on it max discharge capacity of the inverter?
If my understanding is correct, I should match my choice of bms current rating with my inverter current charging and discharging spec? thank you

Hello @shavermcspud , just to clarify the 70 amps current draw of your inverter is based on it max discharge capacity of the inverter?
If my understanding is correct, I should match my choice of bms current rating with my inverter current charging and discharging spec? thank you
Its best not to run electronics at peak for long periods. I always go for the more powerful version, and run it at a lower capacity. If its beefier, it may last longer.

Yes thats the inverters max charge and discharge current so leaves me 30% headroom on a 100amp BMS

Back