Attachments

• bmsb.JPG
    bmsb.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 60
  • bmsa.JPG
    bmsa.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 65
Ray Builds Cool Stuff
is my youtube channel. Thanks for your support.
I was watching your videos. You have far more patience than I do. My cells are on a Rack with big busbars instead of individual enclosures. How many cells did you end up getting? I bought 112 initially to make 7 x 48v 280ah batteries. I was thinking of doing that again.
Can never have to many batteries.

266 for two projects of eight batteries each.
I think I will probably do my 112 order again for 224 total cells but that’s it. That would be over 200KWH at that point. The enclosure you built are fantastic but I just don’t have the patience for that. I compress them and put them on a rack. The BMS and Positive connect to busbars then to breaker/combiners.

Hi All, I purchased a Seplos 48V 100A BMS for my DIY 16S 100Ah LifePO4 battery pack. My inverter is a Growatt SPH3600 with a Pylontech US2000 that it communicates with over CAN. I connected the BMS to the battery and used the Battery Monitor Software to configure the settings. But my inverter cannot see the BMS. The BMS LCD screen displays the correct battery voltage and SOC. I have checked all the connections and have inserted the RJ45 into the CAN port of the BMS. I am wondering what could be the problem.

1. I chose the Growatt CAN protocol for communication. Should I use Pylontech CAN?

2. I read on another thread on this forum that pins 7 and 8 of the RJ45 must be cut in order for the BMS to communicate with the Growatt inverter. Should I try that? I just used the RJ45 that was connecting to the Pylontech and connected it to the Seplos instead.

Finally, the Pylontech has a feature where it reduces the charging current to 10A when the temperature goes below a threshold and then stops charging after a lower temperature threshold. Does the Seplos BMS have a similar setting?

Hi All, I purchased a Seplos 48V 100A BMS for my DIY 16S 100Ah LifePO4 battery pack. My inverter is a Growatt SPH3600 with a Pylontech US2000 that it communicates with over CAN. I connected the BMS to the battery and used the Battery Monitor Software to configure the settings. But my inverter cannot see the BMS. The BMS LCD screen displays the correct battery voltage and SOC. I have checked all the connections and have inserted the RJ45 into the CAN port of the BMS. I am wondering what could be the problem.

1. I chose the Growatt CAN protocol for communication. Should I use Pylontech CAN?

2. I read on another thread on this forum that pins 7 and 8 of the RJ45 must be cut in order for the BMS to communicate with the Growatt inverter. Should I try that? I just used the RJ45 that was connecting to the Pylontech and connected it to the Seplos instead.

Finally, the Pylontech has a feature where it reduces the charging current to 10A when the temperature goes below a threshold and then stops charging after a lower temperature threshold. Does the Seplos BMS have a similar setting?
I had the same problem. I just got rid of it today.
I contacted Seplos support, explained the problem and technician was helpful, so even though he was with him at 8pm he sent me new firmware. After uploading, everything works.

Same for me. I texted one of their after sales engineers (Link Liu) and he sent me the Growatt specific firmware file which has already been posted on this thread as I see now. I updated the firmware set the CAN protocol to Growatt and it worked straight away.

Same for me. I texted one of their after sales engineers (Link Liu) and he sent me the Growatt specific firmware file which has already been posted on this thread as I see now. I updated the firmware set the CAN protocol to Growatt and it worked straight away.
I now have a new issue. A need to limit current for charging and discharging. In the Seplos interface I cannot change parameters. Every time I get an error like 'Faile to executeSet Pack.... [command not supported]. In the settings of the inverter I can't find an option. Do you have a solution for that?

I think you need to use the return key after changing the parameters, then click on download before selecting set to all. That's how I was able to change the default battery capacity for mine.

Nice find @fatfash. I found it was working without hitting the download button some of the time so I would keep trying until it stuck. Gonna see if your tip removes that annoyance.

I think you need to use the return key after changing the parameters, then click on download before selecting set to all. That's how I was able to change the default battery capacity for mine.
Yes, now working.. Thanks

Does anyone know what the calibration 'Voltage calibration' represents in the Seplos Battery Monitor app?

Attachments

• CallibrationSeplos.png
    CallibrationSeplos.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 94
I think you are meant to leave that one alone. The BMS Software guide says:
Current Calibration and Voltage Calibration is for quality control during manufacturing. (Do not click unless being permitted, or the BMS will be damaged, and SEPLOS will not responsible for the damage.)

I think you are meant to leave that one alone. The BMS Software guide says:
Current Calibration and Voltage Calibration is for quality control during manufacturing. (Do not click unless being permitted, or the BMS will be damaged, and SEPLOS will not responsible for the damage.)

In this case, why is this option available in the program?

I have just completed my Seplos BMS 16S to a Sofar ME3000

Just some notes

The ME3000 Inverter to Battery cable works perfectly. It's an RJ45 to RJ10 (not RJ11). The pinouts are.

RJ45. RJ11
4. 1
5. 2
7. 3
8. 4

On the ME3000, select the battery type of General Lithium

Before turning on, the most important thing to do is to check that the BMS wires are linked to the cells correctly.

The negative is the bottom pin on each bank. So measuring it and the first pin up will give 3.3v (or so), next up will be 6.6v, next will be 9.9v and so on. Jump over the temperature probe pins. Then check the second bank.

Get these wrong and you will blow up the BMS

should i edit this to 58.4? so my battery will reach to full voltage
Total_voltage overvoltage protection57.60V
as my battery max is 3.65(eve 280k)
seplos support said i should no!

Attachments

• InkedScreenshot 2021-12-20 155405.jpg
    InkedScreenshot 2021-12-20 155405.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 83
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 77
should i edit this to 58.4? so my battery will reach to full voltage
Total_voltage overvoltage protection57.60V
as my battery max is 3.65(eve 280k)
seplos support said i should no!
NO , You do not want 3,65 as max..
3,6 is safer

NO , You do not want 3,65 as max..
3,6 is safer
I typically use 54V for a 16S config. If you watch the testing that Andy did at the off grid garage, anything capacity past 3.4V per cell is very small, and your cells last longer if used between 20% and 80%.

I typically use 54V for a 16S config. If you watch the testing that Andy did at the off grid garage, anything capacity past 3.4V per cell is very small, and your cells last longer if used between 20% and 80%.
oh i agree, however, the op want high volt shutoff even higher, without knowing what he is actually doing and why

Back