diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

my real Battery Voltage:53.84 V at 100% isnt that low?
i suggest you do some reading on voltage in LifePO4.
another good resource would be Andy's Youtube channel, search for voltage..
in essence : there is no power above 3.45....
you should never go above 3.6 ( 3.55 preffered ) in day to day charging, or below 2.7 in discharging, as this will prologue cell life at no cost to KWH available

i suggest you do some reading on voltage in LifePO4.
another good resource would be Andy's Youtube channel, search for voltage..
in essence : there is no power above 3.45....
you should never go above 3.6 ( 3.55 preferred ) in day to day charging, or below 2.7 in discharging, as this will prologue cell life at no cost to KWH available
i have a problem my battery 16*lf280k lifepo4 went from 100% to 10 % within 1 hour on low use! (max 500w use)
what i should do.. help please
am using seplos as bms
and it says it only charge 7 kw today
the batteries are brand new from amy(trusted)

here at 16:00
1111.png

and here at 16:16
222.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-06 155833.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-06 155833.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 29
i have a problem my battery 16*lf280k lifepo4 went from 100% to 10 % within 1 hour on low use! (max 500w use)
am using seplos as bms

View attachment 78555

View attachment 78556
The battery seems fine, but I hope you top balanced before putting them into production. It looks like there is an issue with how Seplos is reporting your state of charge. I just received two Seplos BMS's for my 280ah Lishen and CATL DIY 48V banks, so I will be going through this myself soon. Once I have more experience with the settings, I can be of more help.

am using seplos as bms

View attachment 78555

View attachment 78556
You must charge the battery with a charger to limit when BMS stops charging. Then must discharge the battery to limit when BMS stops discharging. In the meantime you will get some warnings. When the battery is empty (BMS stopping to discharge) BMS will self calibrate to capacity. The data of 'Total capacity' must be your capacity in Ah and SOC will be 0. In my case, BMS did not set this value. I manually set capacity and SOC over configuration. Now all work OK.

am using seplos as bms

View attachment 78555

View attachment 78556
did you read the manual ?
the bms needs a one time calibration..
step 1.

top balance your cells till 3.5

step 2.
hookup bms
charge you cells till bms shut off

step 3.

full discharge your cells till bms shut off, without charging (disconnect charger/solar)

step 4.
bms is now calibrated, turn on charging/solar and use normally

did you read the manual ?
the bms needs a one time calibration..
step 1.

top balance your cells till 3.5

step 2.
hookup bms
charge you cells till bms shut off

step 3.

full discharge your cells till bms shut off, without charging (disconnect charger/solar)

step 4.
bms is now calibrated, turn on charging/solar and use normally
can i top balance to 3.65? as i have a 3.65 charger only

can i top balance to 3.65? as i have a 3.65 charger only
that would be above the bms cutoff.
you can, but you should let your cells rest for at least 48 hours, so they can return a bit to their nominal voltage of 3.2 .
once they are below the bms cut off, charge till bms cuts off by itself

for top balancing, please use the manual found in the resource section on this forum

that would be above the bms cutoff.
you can, but you should let your cells rest for at least 48 hours, so they can return a bit to their nominal voltage of 3.2 .
once they are below the bms cut off, charge till bms cuts off by itself

for top balancing, please use the manual found in the resource section on this forum
can i do that without top balancing? or i should top balance after that ?

Be sure the battery capacity is correct in the settings. The default in mine was 200AH and I had to change it 280AH.

Be sure the battery capacity is correct in the settings. The default in mine was 200AH and I had to change it 280AH.
if calibrated properly, the bms will do that for you, and much more fine grained ( as in 279 ah etc)

I need help or confirmation on which Seplos to get. 150 amp vs 200 amp. Charge controller is 190 amp max both ways. .5c charge is 140 amps for 1- 280 ah battery. 2P would be maxed at 95 amp each and the option to add another controller if need be. So in my mind 150 amp would be more then sufficient? Is the LCD worth another $20 or for the little more just get it?

I need help or confirmation on which Seplos to get. 150 amp vs 200 amp. Charge controller is 190 amp max both ways. .5c charge is 140 amps for 1- 280 ah battery. 2P would be maxed at 95 amp each and the option to add another controller if need be. So in my mind 150 amp would be more then sufficient? Is the LCD worth another $20 or for the little more just get it?
lcd comes with the 200 amp version.
i always prefer to oversize my bms, as i want to stay well clear of it's limits.

also you would want to size you bms on peak load, it will shutdown when limits are hit

lcd comes with the 200 amp version.
i always prefer to oversize my bms, as i want to stay well clear of it's limits.

also you would want to size you bms on peak load, it will shutdown when limits are hit

48v 150A 16S lithium iron phosphate lifepo4 bms monitoring system battery management system with LCD Screen​

Ok, I just stumbled onto this, my batteries are currently going to customs and will be hooked up to a Growatt SPF5000ES with a JBD (overkill solar) BMS.
What is the benefit of using this bms that can talk to the Growatt?

I have a question ... I'm planning to do a DIY 48kW Lifepo4 using Seplos BMS. Using EVE lifepo4 rated at 100AH for battery DIY#1. Then when my budget allows again I will expand and DIY another 48kW battery DIY#2 with Seplos BMS. So I can connect battery DIY#1 and battery DIY#2 in parallel.

My question is -- Is it ok if for battery DIY#1 using EVE 100AH and then in DIY#2 using LISHEN 100AH? They are of different brand but same capacity. Any thoughts on this one. thanks

I have a question ... I'm planning to do a DIY 48kW Lifepo4 using Seplos BMS. Using EVE lifepo4 rated at 100AH for battery DIY#1. Then when my budget allows again I will expand and DIY another 48kW battery DIY#2 with Seplos BMS. So I can connect battery DIY#1 and battery DIY#2 in parallel.

My question is -- Is it ok if for battery DIY#1 using EVE 100AH and then in DIY#2 using LISHEN 100AH? They are of different brand but same capacity. Any thoughts on this one. thanks
shouldnt be a problem

Back