diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

I think I will probably do my 112 order again for 224 total cells but that’s it. That would be over 200KWH at that point. The enclosure you built are fantastic but I just don’t have the patience for that. I compress them and put them on a rack. The BMS and Positive connect to busbars then to breaker/combiners.
hello, can you please give a feed back on the current box design for LP280K cells and seplos BMS => box design .

Hello,
since there is so good discussion here about the Seplos BMS I think I am right here with my question.
Can any of you post me a link where I can buy this "RJ45 to USB adapter for SEPLOS BMS". Seplos wants over $60 for this simple adapter with shipping and tax. I'm guessing there should be a compatible one available on Amazon or somewhere else? All the adapters I could find were USB to Ethernet. I suspect that these will not work.

Thanks for any advice.

And as a suggestion for all those who want to buy a Seplos BMS, order the adapter at the same time.

Hello,
since there is so good discussion here about the Seplos BMS I think I am right here with my question.
Can any of you post me a link where I can buy this "RJ45 to USB adapter for SEPLOS BMS". Seplos wants over $60 for this simple adapter with shipping and tax. I'm guessing there should be a compatible one available on Amazon or somewhere else? All the adapters I could find were USB to Ethernet. I suspect that these will not work.

Thanks for any advice.

And as a suggestion for all those who want to buy a Seplos BMS, order the adapter at the same time.
you can find it on aliexpress cheaper
just cut any ethernet cable
and connect the brown to B- and the "white/brown" to A+

47E13F06-6B43-4F5B-B6A7-F23889DAEAD3222.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you want to talk RS485 or CAN? For the former you just need a USB->RS485 dongle which you will connect a piece of CAT5 with one end cut off.

I've got one coming this afternoon from amazon.

thanks a lot guys for the fast help

The adaptor will be used for BMS setup.
For the CAN Bus communication to the Victron Cerbo I will use the original Victron type A cabel.

Well you were right, I got a reply and apparently they sent me a 14S harness by mistake. Who the hell makes 14S packs? And why do that? Wouldn't we cut off our own 2 wires if we decided to build a 14S?

@Seplos Chris Ren FYI.
14s use for battery 3.7V type
16s use for battery 3.2 type
You can not exchange

Hello guys ,
What is the minimum wiring to turn this BMS on for communication, with the Battery Monitor software?

thanks a lot guys for the fast help

The adaptor will be used for BMS setup.
For the CAN Bus communication to the Victron Cerbo I will use the original Victron type A cabel.
Have you got the bms to work with the Cerbo gx? I’m thinking of ordering 3 bms’es, and want to get it right.

Capacity went from 100% to 10% within a minute
are cells are balanced
please can anyone help? as seplos staff now are in Hollidays
its connected to deye inverter using can

Attachments

• IMG_5817.jpg
    IMG_5817.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5818.jpg
    IMG_5818.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5819.jpg
    IMG_5819.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 37
  • DB5865C2-AB4F-48DA-A80B-861767252D71.JPG
    DB5865C2-AB4F-48DA-A80B-861767252D71.JPG
    358.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 4858714B-A4CD-4D12-9915-DD7CB56E123C.JPG
    4858714B-A4CD-4D12-9915-DD7CB56E123C.JPG
    489.7 KB · Views: 34
Capacity went from 100% to 10% within a minute
are cells are balanced
please can anyone help? as seplos staff now are in Hollidays
its connected to deye inverter using can
Have you done the required calibration which is printed on the box that the BMS came in?

sorry bad english
am telling you yes i have did it and i have been using it normally for the past month
untill now i had this problem
Ok, no problem.
Have you got a serial connection from the BMS to a PC running Seplos' Battery Monitor software?

Can you take a screenshot (shift-win-S) and post it here, showing all battery voltages, capacity, etc?

Back