diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

Thanks for the reply. currently the seller has made me connect the inverter to RS485A but I still have problems. can you confirm that the pins of the CAN port are correct?

Attachments

• IMG-20220810-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20220810-WA0009.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 65
  • CAN.JPG
    CAN.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 69
Thanks for the reply. currently the seller has made me connect the inverter to RS485A but I still have problems. can you confirm that the pins of the CAN port are correct?
pin definitions seem fine, but you should be connecting to the canbus port for inverter comms.
who is the seller ?

btw the manual if the rs485 i have uploaded to the resource section of this site

pin definitions seem fine, but you should be connecting to the canbus port for inverter comms.
who is the seller ?

btw the manual if the rs485 i have uploaded to the resource section of this site
by mistake I bought the bms here and now I have problems. does anyone have the firmware. i want to try to do an update.

by mistake I bought the bms here and now I have problems. does anyone have the firmware. i want to try to do an update.

have never dealt with that company.

let me share a response i got directly from seplos

Hello,<houseofancients>

Sorry I didn't answer your question earlier

Attached is a BMS specification for RS485, which will clearly indicate how to connect BMS and inverter

The communication port of BMS for external communication is the independent network port on the left, which is our network port for inverter communication, whether RS485 or CANBUS is this port. The pin of network port wiring is also defined in the specification.

If you encounter any other problems during the connection process, you can directly send email to me or contact our after-sales engineer

Whatsapp: Link +86 18365403881

Email :support@seplos.com

have never dealt with that company.

let me share a response i got directly from seplos

Hello,<houseofancients>

Sorry I didn't answer your question earlier

Attached is a BMS specification for RS485, which will clearly indicate how to connect BMS and inverter

The communication port of BMS for external communication is the independent network port on the left, which is our network port for inverter communication, whether RS485 or CANBUS is this port. The pin of network port wiring is also defined in the specification.

If you encounter any other problems during the connection process, you can directly send email to me or contact our after-sales engineer

Whatsapp: Link +86 18365403881

Email :support@seplos.com
thanks for the reply, only dip switch 1 must be on. right?

i have read the manual and it says i have to be all off since it's one battery, but the seller says it has to stay on on dipswitch 1. i was asking for a confirmation from whoever has it working.

i have read the manual and it says i have to be all off since it's one battery, but the seller says it has to stay on on dipswitch 1. i was asking for a confirmation from whoever has it working.
i think i would hang on to the manual , write by tye manufactorer.
given the port advice you have been given before, it is pretty obvious they are rather clueless about this bms

//bms version

Do not try to update a bms with CANBUS with a RS485 firmaware, (or the other) you going to brick the bms if you do that. (need to get it back to seplos to recover). First thing first, you should check which bms version you have. CANBUS or RS485 version?

if you have an mpp/voltronic inverter you should order a seplos bms with RS485 interface (not CANBUS interface) ,

!!!!!! Your inverter should be connected to the port label CANBUS, (yes, the label is not updated) , not the RS485A or RS485B ports.

// cabling

Inverter side -- BMS side

4 --- A ---- ---------- 4

5 --- B ----- --------- 5

8 --- GND------------ 3/6

!!!!!!! do not connect any others pins

// setting

#stop the bms

If you have only one Battery your setting should be
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
ON OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF

#restart the bms

!!!! be careful switch is numbered from left to right , but in the document it is right to left. !!!!

Last edited:
Hey guys! Would a Seplos 200A work on a 2P16S made of 32 pcs of 302Ah batteries, if I will use charge and discharge settings in the inverter lower tham 200A? The inverter is a Deye 12KW 3P. Can you define in Seplos BMS the total capacity of the bank, which exceeds 200A? (mine are ~600A)
On the inverter side I could define a max charging current of 120A and max discharge 190A.... should it be ok for the BMS?
Capacity is in Ah not A.
No you can't use 2 cells in parallels => max cells capacity is 500Ah for this bms. You have to use 2 bms. Or you may ask seplos to upgrade the MAx cells capacity.

Last edited:
stop, don't do that, never try something you don't understand. read my last post #729

Last edited:
Does seplos have 2 different rs485 wiring schemes? My docs say to not use pins 4 & 5, and my RS485 link works with either 1,2,3 or 6,7,8.

Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG

Does seplos have 2 different rs485 wiring schemes? My docs say to not use pins 4 & 5, and my RS485 link works with either 1,2,3 or 6,7,8.

View attachment 106346
View attachment 106347

//The RS485A and RS485B ports are for communication between batteries and connecting your PC, so they use 1/8 2/7 and 3/6 pins, speed 9600bps you're good ;-)

//The CANBUS port (even for the RS485 bms version) is to connect your inverter to the BMS,
if your bms is a CANBUS version, use pins 4 CAN-L, 5 CAN-H, 3/6 GND
if your bms is a RS485 version, use pins 4 RS485-A, 5 RS485-B, 3/6 GND, speed 9600bps

Thanks for the explanation. Seems to me that instead of calling the ports rs485 Communication and CAN Communication, they should call them something like Computer Communication and Inverter Communication. Unless there's a newer manual, every mention of rs485 is for talking to the PC.

Thanks for the explanation. Seems to me that instead of calling the ports rs485 Communication and CAN Communication, they should call them something like Computer Communication and Inverter Communication. Unless there's a newer manual, every mention of rs485 is for talking to the PC.
Yep, there are 2 versions of the manual. one for the bms CANBUS version and an other for the RS485 version. you should be able to get them in the Resource section of the forum. ;-)

//versione bms

Non provare ad aggiornare un bms con CANBUS con un firmware RS485, (o l'altro) se lo fai andrai a brickare il bms. (necessità di riportarlo a seplos per recuperare). Per prima cosa, dovresti controllare quale versione di bms hai. Versione CANBUS o RS485?

se hai un inverter mpp/voltronic dovresti ordinare un seplos bms con interfaccia RS485 (non interfaccia CANBUS),

!!!!!! L'inverter deve essere collegato all'etichetta della porta CANBUS, (sì, l'etichetta non è aggiornata), non alle porte RS485A o RS485B.

// cablaggio

Lato inverter -- Lato BMS

4 --- A ---- ---------- 4

5 --- B ----- --------- 5

8 --- GND------------ 3/6

!!!!!!!! non collegare altri pin

// ambientazione

#ferma il bm

Se hai solo una batteria, l'impostazione dovrebbe essere
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
ACCESO SPENTO SPENTO SPENTO SPENTO SPENTO SPENTO

#riavvia il bms

!!!! fate attenzione l'interruttore è numerato da sinistra a destra, ma nel documento è da destra a sinistra. !!!!
grazie molto chiaro. domani provo e ti faccio sapere

Yep, there are 2 versions of the manual. one for the bms CANBUS version and an other for the RS485 version. you should be able to get them in the Resource section of the forum. ;-)
Could you please tell me how to differentiate between whether the bms is canbus or rs485? I hastely bought mine from Aliexpress without asking if it will work with my growatt sp 5000es, thinking it will work as it was written on the page. ?‍♂️

Could you please tell me how to differentiate between whether the bms is canbus or rs485? I hastely bought mine from Aliexpress without asking if it will work with my growatt sp 5000es, thinking it will work as it was written on the page. ?‍♂️
search this topic, i.posted photos of both the canbus version and rs485 version

Back