diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

Could you please tell me how to differentiate between whether the bms is canbus or rs485? I hastely bought mine from Aliexpress without asking if it will work with my growatt sp 5000es, thinking it will work as it was written on the page. ?‍♂️
doens't work with all growatt inverter, you should always do your homework before spending your money ;-)

//bms version

Do not try to update a bms with CANBUS with a RS485 firmaware, (or the other) you going to brick the bms if you do that. (need to get it back to seplos to recover). First thing first, you should check which bms version you have. CANBUS or RS485 version?

if you have an mpp/voltronic inverter you should order a seplos bms with RS485 interface (not CANBUS interface) ,

!!!!!! Your inverter should be connected to the port label CANBUS, (yes, the label is not updated) , not the RS485A or RS485B ports.

// cabling

Inverter side -- BMS side

4 --- A ---- ---------- 4

5 --- B ----- --------- 5

8 --- GND------------ 3/6

!!!!!!! do not connect any others pins

// setting

#stop the bms

If you have only one Battery your setting should be
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
ON OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF

#restart the bms

!!!! be careful switch is numbered from left to right , but in the document it is right to left. !!!!
i followed all that indicator from you but it does not communicate with the inverter. not so it is a firmware problem or a hardware problem.

please check the sticker code as the port on the PCB is called CANBUS for both the rs485 and CANBUS version
Thanks for you caring. I think you mean this sticker? It’s 10c which means canbus, doesn’t it?!

Attachments

• 2EB440B4-C818-4661-95AD-FCF693F10B02.jpeg
    2EB440B4-C818-4661-95AD-FCF693F10B02.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 9054BD4C-6728-42B3-8B77-1586313EE63C.jpeg
    9054BD4C-6728-42B3-8B77-1586313EE63C.jpeg
    437.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Thanks for you caring. I think you mean this sticker? It’s 10c which means canbus, doesn’t it?!
afraid it is , they spelled model wrong ( modle)
there is a forum member that is using the Seplos BMS and Cabus to his growatt, so dont just give up yet :

I had the misfortune of buying from a bad seller. not support and secondonluo I have to buy a new one. so i wanted to try to do firmware update
if you have an RS485 bms version, and you are sure about your cable,, contact seplos they will help you. you will need a usb to rs485 cable if you plan to update the firmware.

I had the misfortune of buying from a bad seller. not support and secondonluo I have to buy a new one. so i wanted to try to do firmware update

It's hit and miss with sellers. I originally bought from a seller on Aliexpress not realizing there were 2 different boards. Of course I ended up with the CAN version while needing RS485. My seller was kind enough to swap the boards for me. I paid a bit more than I should have going through aliexpress and I paid for shipping back to China which wasn't cheap. In the end I got the proper boards but it a was a pricey lesson for a couple of BMS boards.

se hai una versione RS485 bms e sei sicuro del tuo cavo, contatta seplos ti aiuterà. avrai bisogno di un cavo da usb a rs485 se prevedi di aggiornare il firmware.
thanks for the tip I'll try. i hope it helps me even if i haven't bought on their store.

Hi All! Was wondering if the question of mixed Seplos BMS's (1-canbus version, 1-RS485 version) worked? I had purchased two Seplos 200A BMS's about a year ago and didn't know at the time that A) There was an RS485 version, and B) that the MPP LV6548 didn't support Pylontech on canbus. (I'm referencing posts 528 and beyond of this thread, I'm in the same boat). Any info would be much appreciated!

Hi All! Was wondering if the question of mixed Seplos BMS's (1-canbus version, 1-RS485 version) worked? I had purchased two Seplos 200A BMS's about a year ago and didn't know at the time that A) There was an RS485 version, and B) that the MPP LV6548 didn't support Pylontech on canbus. (I'm referencing posts 528 and beyond of this thread, I'm in the same boat). Any info would be much appreciated!
I didn't test this configuration yet, someone on this forum, was about to do a test. they share the same inter communication protocol, in theory it should work. you can ask seplos directly also. You may ask them an exchange if you want to switch to rs485.

I didn't test this configuration yet, someone on this forum, was about to do a test. they share the same inter communication protocol, in theory it should work. you can ask seplos directly also. You may ask them an exchange if you want to switch to rs485.
Thanks Sergea, I was also thinking it *should* work. I'm not opposed to buying a third Seplos BMS because the plan was to eventually build a third battery pack, but it pretty much all hinges on the success of the question above. I'll check with seplos. Thx.

Thanks Sergea, I was also thinking it *should* work. I'm not opposed to buying a third Seplos BMS because the plan was to eventually build a third battery pack, but it pretty much all hinges on the success of the question above. I'll check with seplos. Thx.
I just realize according to the documentation, dip address setting is completely different between the 2 versions CAN/.RS485. So it may not that be so simple or possible ;-(

I just realize according to the documentation, dip address setting is completely different between the 2 versions CAN/.RS485. So it may not that be so simple or possible ;-(
Just heard back from Seplos, I asked if the two 10C BMS's could act as slaves with the 10D as master and was told they have "different communication forms" and cannot be paralleled. So much for that idea.... Thanks for your input!

Back