diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

Seplos is trying to quote me ddu says no ddp(delivery duty paid) is available. Anyone else run into this/was there any import fees

I would never have thought to remove the last two pins, I just put a new crimp on with 5&6 and its working exactly as described.
hundred percent sure only 5&6 are needed, thought maybe Seplos would have come across this before and made that their first mention in the support email but that was their last resort. It could be to do with certain revisions of the Sofar inverter that have this issue that they haven't seen, mines rev 1 of the new build with the external WiFi antenna. either way its working perfectly, cell voltage readouts are good and very accurate, balancing works a treat. I'm currently in the process of translating their BMS software to something that resembles English as its only and XML file. might be handy for a few people.
Hi, Can you help me check if can set BMS battery capacity to 280Ah? In manual, capacity is configurable from 5-200Ah only. My cell is 280Ah.

Attachments

• IMG_20210721_202024.jpg
    IMG_20210721_202024.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 57
another update, after a few weeks of mine running absolutely spot on, its stopped working again, noticed cell 12 was showing 7volts!!! and the BMS had cut off, turned it all off, checked each cell and all were normal 3.44v , swap every cell around in the pack and cell 12 on the BMS still shows 7 volts. now the BMS wont even power on, just has a rapidly flashing power light and nothing else. This is my second unit from Seplos.

another update, after a few weeks of mine running absolutely spot on, its stopped working again, noticed cell 12 was showing 7volts!!! and the BMS had cut off, turned it all off, checked each cell and all were normal 3.44v , swap every cell around in the pack and cell 12 on the BMS still shows 7 volts. now the BMS wont even power on, just has a rapidly flashing power light and nothing else. This is my second unit from Seplos.
Have you double checked all your balance wire connections? I've run into this with other bms's 7v is usually caused by a bad connection causing the bms to read 2 cells as one. I don't know how possible it is with this bms, but try to read the voltages on the bms after the connector plug.

Have you double checked all your balance wire connections? I've run into this with other bms's 7v is usually caused by a bad connection causing the bms to read 2 cells as one. I don't know how possible it is with this bms, but try to read the voltages on the bms after the connector plug.
I have yes, the fact that is just stopped working with no changes made or movement of any of the cells/wires suggests its failed, also the fact that it wont turn on anymore is a pretty big sign.

Turns out, one of the inline resisters on the BMS line 12 had failed, I have soldered a new one and its working again.

I also received my BMS Seplos 200A 16S today.
Unfortunately, I don't have free time right now to run my VIKTRON, BMS and Venus GX, as well as the adapters to connect these devices to the computer. These are the MK3-USB interface and
usb 485 adapter connect BMS battery management system and computer.
But I will keep a close eye on how you manage to connect this very cool, from my point of view, BMS with your inverters and batteries.
Write to me, we will create a database of information on these issues.

Attachments

• 20210728_123024.jpg
    20210728_123024.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 20210728_122937.jpg
    20210728_122937.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 20210728_142322.jpg
    20210728_142322.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I also received my BMS Seplos 200A 16S today.
Unfortunately, I don't have free time right now to run my VIKTRON, BMS and Venus GX, as well as the adapters to connect these devices to the computer. These are the MK3-USB interface and
usb 485 adapter connect BMS battery management system and computer.
But I will keep a close eye on how you manage to connect this very cool, from my point of view, BMS with your inverters and batteries.
Write to me, we will create a database of information on these issues.
For remote monitoring I am hoping to use something like this. I am in a wheelchair and will never be in front of the working battery so I will need a remote access. Unfortunately I am a long way away from this build.
https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/RS232/485_TO_ETH

Any updates from real world user experience?

Yep, mines been in service now for around a month, bar a few hickups and a dodgy cable its been excellent, I have ordered another two units to see how cell stacking works with them.

Yep, mines been in service now for around a month, bar a few hickups and a dodgy cable its been excellent, I have ordered another two units to see how cell stacking works with them.
same here...
only thing is , i hope the rs485 inverter connection ( currently CANBUS) is there soon

Back