diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

did you top balance you pack before putting it in ?
if the difference is too great the passive balancing will take a bunch of cycle to catch up.

realy only thing i can think off, cells too unbalanced
No but I'm using an active balancer and the cells are almost perfectly balance. I've read thought the BMS document a few times and just can't figure it out. How does the BMS know's when the battery is fully charged? Is it using the amount of Amp Hours going in and out?

Thanks. I had thought that's why they were flashing.
Do you have any issue with charging? I'm using the DEYE 8k inverter and after a week of testing my batteries will just charge until they hit high voltage protect. Its seems on the DEYE inverters there's no way to set a charge limit when running in lithium mode (Can Communication) as the inverter gets all the settings from the BMS.
In the Seplos battery monitor, change the upload parameters and set the max pack voltage you want.

My Seplos unit has failed again, was discharging from 6pm to 2am at 16amps then just went off line, no power to it at all, totally dead. This is now my second unit and this one has already been repaired once. No signs of any damage on the board, fuses are good, support and sales are on Chinese holiday.

My Seplos unit has failed again, was discharging from 6pm to 2am at 16amps then just went off line, no power to it at all, totally dead. This is now my second unit and this one has already been repaired once. No signs of any damage on the board, fuses are good, support and sales are on Chinese holiday.
How many amps ?
Maybe are you doing something wrong?

How many amps ?
Maybe are you doing something wrong?
As above 16amp, I have the 100amp unit but the absolute max my battery inverter can charge/discharge is 60amp. This unit was already repaired once so pretty sure its a duff. Fairly sure its not something I am doing seeing as its been running fine for several months and I have supplied and installed maybe 15 of these units for friends.

you made me worried about mine that i just have installed.
why it failed first time ?
As above 16amp, I have the 100amp unit but the absolute max my battery inverter can charge/discharge is 60amp. This unit was already repaired once so pretty sure its a duff. Fairly sure its not something I am doing seeing as its been running fine for several months and I have supplied and installed maybe 15 of these units for friends.

@Seplos Chris Ren

this one is cheaper they just replied on me.. it seems this one is the one used in battery racks

Attachments

• 2A973EDA-7E56-4634-BE22-E7BDD36404D1.jpeg
    2A973EDA-7E56-4634-BE22-E7BDD36404D1.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 89
this one is cheaper they just replied on me.. it seems this one is the one used in battery racks
this is quite a different beast.
i think @shavermcspud indeed must have a monday morning child , because so far i havent seen one fail yet ( mine has been rock solid).
hopefully seplos will provide him with help after they return for holiday

this is quite a different beast.
i think @shavermcspud indeed must have a monday morning child , because so far i havent seen one fail yet ( mine has been rock solid).
hopefully seplos will provide him with help after they return for holiday

Hi all, official update from Seplos on my faulty unit. diode D4 is faulty on units produced before August 2021 as there was a bad batch of components installed. I have checked with a DVM and indeed its gone open circuit both ways. Their resolution is to send me a load of SMD didoes to repair myself which I'm not too happy about to be honest but I'm capable of doing so, others maybe not so. Also it concerns me from a warranty perspective as once I have soldered new components on the board where does my warranty stand? Also the board is covered in a thin epoxy/potting compound that needs to be removed carefully before remvoing or even testing the components.

Original email from support quoted

hello,

"D4" has broken down. Before August, there was a batch of BMS "D4" because of the shortage of electronic materials, and the raw material suppliers because of the unstable supply channels, which caused the "D4" unqualified rate to increase. You can rest assured, we will be responsible.

Can you provide the model of your BMS and who sold it to you?

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Link Liu

Back