diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

Hi all, official update from Seplos on my faulty unit. diode D4 is faulty on units produced before August 2021 as there was a bad batch of components installed. I have checked with a DVM and indeed its gone open circuit both ways. Their resolution is to send me a load of SMD didoes to repair myself which I'm not too happy about to be honest but I'm capable of doing so, others maybe not so. Also it concerns me from a warranty perspective as once I have soldered new components on the board where does my warranty stand? Also the board is covered in a thin epoxy/potting compound that needs to be removed carefully before remvoing or even testing the components.

Original email from support quoted

hello,

"D4" has broken down. Before August, there was a batch of BMS "D4" because of the shortage of electronic materials, and the raw material suppliers because of the unstable supply channels, which caused the "D4" unqualified rate to increase. You can rest assured, we will be responsible.

Can you provide the model of your BMS and who sold it to you?

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Link Liu
hmm not what i was expecting in terms of service and warrantee.
@Seplos Chris Ren

i don't think this should be happening from a clear manufactoring fault ?

I’ve been involved in testing new to market BMS units, that kind of thing is only OK if you haven’t paid for the unit.

I wouldn’t be happy if that was me.

yes it does .. this is the model i have
deye is the best inverter brand (Grade A with a good price)

Deye brand appears to be the best of all known chinese brands. Compares favourably against the victrons and Magnums

Very nice work on the box!!! How can one identify the units in the bad production run? Serial number or is a mfg date on the unit somewhere?
Mine have not arrived but I am hoping to not have to deal with what you are dealing with. They need to make this right with you.

Kid

I am having a problem with Seplos and I really hope they get it resolved. I purchased 13 of the 200A units and they are in the production run with the bad diodes. I contacted them to resolve the issue before I install them all and have to pull them back out. I got the same answer about sending diodes for me too solder onto the board. It is so disappointing that this is what they propose for warranty service. They said they would send an extra BMS to compensate for my time. I grow weary of dealing with these issues so I would consider it but I want a letter saying it won't void the warranty and an instruction to follow to ensure the integrity of the board. Days later and I haven't received these things. In the meantime, I discovered that one of the BMS is actually a 150A. When I told Adam about this he said that he would still only send one BMS and the 150A would become my compensation. He said they didn't have enough stock to send two.

I really hope that they step up and fix this. I have never in my life heard of a company requiring the customer to perform warranty work on their product to include swapping defective parts on a PCB. Have I been transported to crazy town?
@Seplos Chris Ren

seriously.. you need to take this up with your support team, this is seriously unacceptable

I am having a problem with Seplos and I really hope they get it resolved. I purchased 13 of the 200A units and they are in the production run with the bad diodes. I contacted them to resolve the issue before I install them all and have to pull them back out. I got the same answer about sending diodes for me too solder onto the board. It is so disappointing that this is what they propose for warranty service. They said they would send an extra BMS to compensate for my time. I grow weary of dealing with these issues so I would consider it but I want a letter saying it won't void the warranty and an instruction to follow to ensure the integrity of the board. Days later and I haven't received these things. In the meantime, I discovered that one of the BMS is actually a 150A. When I told Adam about this he said that he would still only send one BMS and the 150A would become my compensation. He said they didn't have enough stock to send two.

I really hope that they step up and fix this. I have never in my life heard of a company requiring the customer to perform warranty work on their product to include swapping defective parts on a PCB. Have I been transported to crazy town?
tagged chris in you message, and send them an email too, please let us know if you recieve a response ray

Apparently it is the units made before August. Mine were made in July. The I was purchasing these units I got really quick responses and pressure to complete the transaction immediately. Now the speed of action is much different.
I feel your pain, I have now had reports of two additional units that I have purchased for friends also failing,I now have to take them offline,get them to ship back to me, repair them (if I can successfully) and ship them back at my expense. I still haven't got my replacement diodes or the three additional units I purchased a few weeks back, support to be fair has been answering my questions since they got back from vacation. A little concerned over the quality of these now, despite them being the answer to most of my requirements with the inverter I have.

Yeah, unacceptable for sure. Disappointing as the concepts of their products are excellent.

Seems as though i will have to wait and see for a while before i can recommend Seplos products.

Small update: Seplos sent me a bag of Diodes to replace on the faulty BMS's I have , two units I successfully managed to revive, one still isn't working, this could be due to my soldering skills and the fact that there is a through hole right next to where the SMD sits, with the equipment I have available, digital magnifier scope and fine tip iron I am still surprised I managed to fix two of the three. They have kindly sent me a free replacement along with my new order of three units for customers, although I do have to pay for shipping to return the faulty one at $28.

Small update: Seplos sent me a bag of Diodes to replace on the faulty BMS's I have , two units I successfully managed to revive, one still isn't working, this could be due to my soldering skills and the fact that there is a through hole right next to where the SMD sits, with the equipment I have available, digital magnifier scope and fine tip iron I am still surprised I managed to fix two of the three. They have kindly sent me a free replacement along with my new order of three units for customers, although I do have to pay for shipping to return the faulty one at $28.
Interesting. I just ordered a JASSN from them. Price was $100. Shipping via Sea was $100. Shipping via Air is $160. Its a freaking busbar for Gods sake. You would think $100 would cover Fedex air. I also have one of those ZKE 40amp testers that Andy has been using at the off-grid-garage, and Air shipping for that was only $50.
Not liking Seplos shipping costs so far. Its kinda like those free offers on TV, just pay for shipping and handling, which is $19.95
Is your $28 cost shipping by air or sea?

Interesting. I just ordered a JASSN from them. Price was $100. Shipping via Sea was $100. Shipping via Air is $160. Its a freaking busbar for Gods sake. You would think $100 would cover Fedex air. I also have one of those ZKE 40amp testers that Andy has been using at the off-grid-garage, and Air shipping for that was only $50.
Not liking Seplos shipping costs so far. Its kinda like those free offers on TV, just pay for shipping and handling, which is $19.95
Is your $28 cost shipping by air or sea?
To be fair, the shipping cost was from the UK to Austria (not back to China) and the price not set by Seplos, that was my cheapest quote I found myself to return it insured.

Back