diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

i am having wierd issue with my seplos BMS 150A 16s. while the batteries are charging my SOC is decreasing and while discharging my SOC is increasing. can someone please assist with this.
Regards

Hi, I’m new to this. I have built a 48v battery (16 x 304ah eve) and currently have a jk bms can (have also tried the rs485) but cannot get it to communicate with my SunSynk 8.8kw inverter. I’m thinking of buying a Seplos 200amp 16s.

Has anyone connected the Seplos to the SunSynk?
Should I be getting a RS485 or Can Seplos (do they do one with both)?
Would be easier and less expensive if I could get the JK to communicate with SunSynk anyone done this? ?

Got this reply from Seplos, regarding communication between SunSynk and Seplos
It should communicate with our BMS, but our tech staff can't be absolutely sure...

Sunsynk is a deye rebadge inverter. You can see on seplos yt channel they build a large solar installation with deye inverter and battery with seplos canbus bms. You have to select pylontech. Unless sunsynk specifically remove pylon support from their inverter it should work.

Just finished setting up my Seplos BMS (100A 16S LiFePO4) with my Sofar hybrid.

To my mild amazement it worked out of the box with the Sofar supplied cable and "General Lithium" selected as Battery Type.

I've not tried with "Pylon" as the battery type on the inverter yet, but since it's actually working ...

Anyone know if there's actually an advantage in setting the inverter to Pylon??

EDIT Whilst poking around in the BMS PC software I nocticed the "CAN" drop-down top right, one of the options is "Sofar" so I've selected that, no idea if it actually makes any difference.

Next task, make a cover for the delicate bits, it's all in a solid and reasonably well sealed box, but one can't be too careful :)

Active balancer not connected yet, let's see how things behave without it.

96226.jpg

Last edited:
You have the settings correct, General Lithium on the inverter and Sofar Can on the BMS. Good work btw

The only issue I can see there, is you have tied your active balancer leads in to the same single cable run as the BMS sense/balance leads.
This will cause you issues and throw random BMS warnings, had the same idea and it started to give issues.

You have the settings correct, General Lithium on the inverter and Sofar Can on the BMS. Good work btw

The only issue I can see there, is you have tied your active balancer leads in to the same single cable run as the BMS sense/balance leads.
This will cause you issues and throw random BMS warnings, had the same idea and it started to give issues.

Yeah, that arrangement of the balance leads isn't ideal, it's historical (and I was too lazy to change it). It did behave ok with the old Daly BMS so let's see how we do with the Seplos.

The cells are (well) used golf-cart units due to budget constraints so that active beast is definitely needed.

Yeah, that arrangement of the balance leads isn't ideal, it's historical (and I was too lazy to change it). It did behave ok with the old Daly BMS so let's see how we do with the Seplos.

The cells are (well) used golf-cart units due to budget constraints so that active beast is definitely needed.

I have tried exactly this with the seplos, you end up getting a cell undervoltage error warning. Best to wire them in separate

I have tried exactly this with the seplos, you end up getting a cell undervoltage error warning. Best to wire them in separate
Do you mean wire them separately to the batteries. I’m looking at changing my jk BMS to Seplos BMS and an active balancer, to get communi action with SunSynk.

I‘ve obviously not set up the SunSynk correctly in AGM mode. It used all my battery up yesterday even though the house wasn’t using more electric than the sun was providing. It also charges the battery when there isn’t excess solar!!!

Do you mean wire them separately to the batteries. I’m looking at changing my jk BMS to Seplos BMS and an active balancer, to get communi action with SunSynk.

I‘ve obviously not set up the SunSynk correctly in AGM mode. It used all my battery up yesterday even though the house wasn’t using more electric than the sun was providing. It also charges the battery when there isn’t excess solar!!!

Yes the active balance unit and BMS need separate wiring to the cells

Just finished setting up my Seplos BMS (100A 16S LiFePO4) with my Sofar hybrid.

To my mild amazement it worked out of the box with the Sofar supplied cable and "General Lithium" selected as Battery Type.

I've not tried with "Pylon" as the battery type on the inverter yet, but since it's actually working ...

Anyone know if there's actually an advantage in setting the inverter to Pylon??

EDIT Whilst poking around in the BMS PC software I nocticed the "CAN" drop-down top right, one of the options is "Sofar" so I've selected that, no idea if it actually makes any difference.

Next task, make a cover for the delicate bits, it's all in a solid and reasonably well sealed box, but one can't be too careful :)

Active balancer not connected yet, let's see how things behave without it.

View attachment 99169
What active balancer are you using and do you recommend?

What active balancer are you using and do you recommend?

It's one of the many "flying capacitor" units available from Chinese sellers, "5A" between any pair of cells. Seems to work pretty well on our more than somewhat mismatched cells.

1655638440926.png

Hi all
Can anyone tell me the screw sizes for the positive and negative connections on this Seplos 200A 16S BMS please?
Thanks
John

Wow! Tiny!

How do the shunt screws like a 50mm2 lug? I guess it will have to be a 6mm hole.

I'm planning to go for 50mm2 connections (with 3 x 16mm2 on the positive side) to keep the resistances down and by batteries are going to have to be 3m from the DC bus

Thanks Sergea

Kind regards

John

Back