diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

Wow! Tiny!

How do the shunt screws like a 50mm2 lug? I guess it will have to be a 6mm hole.

I'm planning to go for 50mm2 connections (with 3 x 16mm2 on the positive side) to keep the resistances down and by batteries are going to have to be 3m from the DC bus

Thanks Sergea

Kind regards

John

Attachments

• 48V-220AH-CATL-Cells-Battery-Internal-12.jpg
    48V-220AH-CATL-Cells-Battery-Internal-12.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 48V-220AH-CATL-Cells-Battery-Internal-11-2.jpg
    48V-220AH-CATL-Cells-Battery-Internal-11-2.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 115
i am having wierd issue with my seplos BMS 150A 16s. while the batteries are charging my SOC is decreasing and while discharging my SOC is increasing. can someone please assist with this.
Regards
Anyone can support with this matter please

Anyone can support with this matter please
- you have to triple check your balance cable. (have someone else to check it also)
- did you have any picture
- did you check cells level with the pc sofware and usb/rs485 interface
- when did you buy this BMS ?
- did you report to seplos for assistance.

i am having wierd issue with my seplos BMS 150A 16s. while the batteries are charging my SOC is decreasing and while discharging my SOC is increasing. can someone please assist with this.
Regards

It's not something daft like you having the P- / B- connections on the BMS shunt reversed is it?

B- goes to the -ve end of your pack, P- goes to the -ve of your load / SCC / inverter.

1655762237369.png

Last edited:
Meanwhile, does anyone know if the BMS connector labelled "Inner Switch" does anything useful?
External
switch
OFF

When at the standby status, the BMS can be powered on/off
through external switches.

basically you can have an external switch ON/OFF .

- you have to triple check your balance cable. (have someone else to check it also)
- did you have any picture
- did you check cells level with the pc sofware and usb/rs485 interface
- when did you buy this BMS ?
- did you report to seplos for assistance.
Thanks for reply,
- i triple checked the balance cables.
- not home atm will provide pictures when i get there
- i noticed this behavior at the software level when my inverter charging the battery its mentioning its discharging
- purchased it in April but received it 2 weeks ago
- no actually didn't asked seplos for assistance

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 24324676d0932e3220464d0cf417fc8.jpg
    24324676d0932e3220464d0cf417fc8.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 64
  • battery case.jpg
    battery case.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 59
hello,I am Alvin from Shenzhen Jiayi Technology Co.,Ltd.We are a metal machining factory.We had made 5 battery box for Mahdi, after Mahdi posted here, many people ask us about it.
This the link for this box:https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...6929.html?spm=a2747.manage.0.0.297571d29ZkTil.
for this box price:
1-10pcs $180
11-100 $170
lowest price $130 for huge quantity.
We support custom for any box,if need, can contact us:jiayitechnology@foxmail.com.
What would the cost be of shipping DDP to UK?

hello,I am Alvin from Shenzhen Jiayi Technology Co.,Ltd.We are a metal machining factory.We had made 5 battery box for Mahdi, after Mahdi posted here, many people ask us about it.
This the link for this box:https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...6929.html?spm=a2747.manage.0.0.297571d29ZkTil.
for this box price:
1-10pcs $180
11-100 $170
lowest price $130 for huge quantity.
We support custom for any box,if need, can contact us:jiayitechnology@foxmail.com.

Hello Alvin welcome, be sure to comply with the "New vendor rule" if you don"t want to be kick out ;-) .

Next, I am adding new rules for all vendors that use this website. These rules are active now:
1 - Vendors cannot post links to their website/store/blog post in the signature section of their posts. This applies to affiliate links, and non affiliate links. They can post a logo for their profile picture.
2 - Every vendor needs to state their position in the company in the "subtitle" section of their profile. This will help forum members understand if you are an engineer, a marketer, or the owner of the company.
3 - Vendors cannot post self-promotion content or material in posts or in their profile. This includes prices, deals or marketing material. If they need to reference a specific product without promoting themselves (posting a link to a manual or wiring diagram), that is fine.

Last edited:
Hello Alvin welcome, be sure to comply with the "New vendor rule" if you don"t want to be kick out ;-) .
I am sorry if broken the rules, my goal not to do business here, just let other users know we have done this case and it's price, will be convient for them to measure the cost. Because Mahdi had posted this custom case here very earlier, many people asked us about it. And the link is our shop on alibaba plateform.Every transaction will be guaranteed by alibaba and our company.

I am sorry if broken the rules, my goal not to do business here, just let other users know we have done this case and it's price, will be convient for them to measure the cost. Because Mahdi had posted this custom case here very earlier, many people asked us about it. And the link is our shop on alibaba plateform.Every transaction will be guaranteed by alibaba and our company.
But sure you understand the rules and update you post accordingly ;-)

Does anyone by chance have a template for the Seplos 200A BMS to cutout lights, switches, RJ45 jacks, LCD etc... for mounting?

For still suffering the Sepols BMS with Solis Inverter alarm issue which causes the inverter to report OV-VBatt-H when the BMS is reporting 100%, I finally have a solution! I spent the last few weeks talking to a Seplos tech who has been very helpful, trying out lots of different fixes.

We finally got it working when we uploaded a modified firmware program to the BMS. For anyone interested, the firmware file and download instructions are attached.

Rather than cutting off the charge abruptly when it is at the 10A 'trickle' stage (and putting the inverter into an alarm state) it slowly tapers down from 10A as the pack voltage increases.

Attachments

• Seplos BMS Modified Firmware.zip
    403.1 KB · Views: 85
For still suffering the Sepols BMS with Solis Inverter alarm issue which causes the inverter to report OV-VBatt-H when the BMS is reporting 100%, I finally have a solution! I spent the last few weeks talking to a Seplos tech who has been very helpful, trying out lots of different fixes.

We finally got it working when we uploaded a modified firmware program to the BMS. For anyone interested, the firmware file and download instructions are attached.

Rather than cutting off the charge abruptly when it is at the 10A 'trickle' stage (and putting the inverter into an alarm state) it slowly tapers down from 10A as the pack voltage increases.
Is this for a specific current rating of the BMS version?

Back