diy solar

diy solar

Seplos disappointment

brum

Solar Enthusiast
About 6 weeks ago I ordered 3 Seplos BMSes - 150A, 48V. These were needed for the DIY battery that I'm creating.

Seplos failed to ship them on time. Alibaba "compensated" me with 10% refund in coupons. The shipment was "made" 1 day after the initial shipment period ended. I have paid for air freight in order to be able to start with the enclosure before the cells have arrived.

I have explicitly asked if this is DDP or DAP order. I was assured it is a DDP order. The shippment details page state that this is DAP order.

Today is the 24th day after the shipment was made and the package is still in China. UPS stated that it is not shipped, but only a label has been created.

Seplos salesperson (Adam Han) stated that the package is at customs there, but it is shipped. It is either UPS or Seplos selling me a different story.

What is even more disappointing is that I rushed with the BMSes in order to be able to start with the enclosure. I got 640 USD price from Seplos on Alibaba. Today I see in AliExpress the same BMSes for 510 with the Aliexpress standard shipping (~1 month to my location).

I'm reading that other forum members hitting an issue with Seplos. So be aware of that fact. Probably the Minerals official store in Aliexpress is a better bet than Seplos on Alibaba.

Attachments

• 1667451348078.png
    1667451348078.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 1667451458954.png
    1667451458954.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 1667451665205.png
    1667451665205.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 1667502653912.png
    1667502653912.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Seller still not cooperating. Adam stated that the package is shipped. I'm failing to understand why a shipped package over UPS will stay without movement for 25 days. I have opened a dispute and I'm expecting the seller to reject it at the last possible moment in order to get more time for resolving the "logistic issue".

And I'm not from the bed customers - if the Seplos salesperson provides evidence that the package is actually shipped I'll cancel the dispute. Such was requested several days ago but is still not provided.

Meanwhile, I ordered 1 BMS from the Minerals official store in Aliexpress. Just one in order to unblock the enclosure design. The price for 150A 16S CAN BMS with the display was 160USD including shipping. There is a selloff due to the new version that Seplos is making (with Bluetooth support). This combined with the 11.11 discounts has dropped the price. And the order was shipped in less than 24 hours. Seems like a lot better experience compared to the Seplos Alibaba store.

Seplos salesperson did not even reply to the dispute. Alibaba refunded me (but kept the trade insurance tax). So I'm now wondering where to get two more BMSes.

Can anybody advise on source of these BMSes? Other than the Minerals Official Store in Aliexpress and the Seplos store in Alibaba.

Seplos salesperson did not even reply to the dispute. Alibaba refunded me (but kept the trade insurance tax). So I'm now wondering where to get two more BMSes.

Can anybody advise on source of these BMSes? Other than the Minerals Official Store in Aliexpress and the Seplos store in Alibaba.
I got 2 Seplos 48v 150A 16S w/can bus-rs485 from eel battery and got them 2 weeks later, i have also ordered 32 batteries and never had a problem (batteries arrived around a week after order) <https://eelbattery.myshopify.com/pr...an-rs485-lifepo4-battery-protection-bms-board>

I ordered 2 sets of Seplos BMSs, two different times, directly via email through Seplos and I did it through a guy named Adam. His email was: adamhan@seplos.com

I had no problems, they shipped via DHL and came pretty fast both times. I wonder if yours was going slow due to supply chain shortages, and the strict Covid lockdowns delaying either the factory, or the shipping aspects, or something. Things are weird over there right now...

Are you emailing Adam directly or going through Alibaba messaging only? You could try pinging their sales channel directly on their website or even try pinging the email I posted above and check...

I don't know, just trying to think of ideas or something... Good luck to ya.

EDIT:
I later noticed you said you were dealing with another 3rd party seller via Alibaba (so not sure if a different Adam)...

BTW, to get mine, I had originally pinged Seplos on their website directly, and asked about how to buy a BMS, and that's when the Seplos sales Adam guy at the above address pinged me back (which has valid domain name of @seplos.com) so I knew it was them. I Paypal'd the money he said to send and he shipped the BMS's, and later when I wanted more, I just replied back and he did the same thing again for me, I Paypal'd the money again and he sent the other two... So I know that is a good email address to a valid Seplos sales rep.

Last edited:
My shipment from seplos didn't show up on UPS's website until the package arrived in the US a few days before it was delivered. I think another carrier handles it until it gets to the US.

My shipment from seplos didn't show up on UPS's website until the package arrived in the US a few days before it was delivered. I think another carrier handles it until it gets to the US.
Mine was likely going the same way. But I expected faster shipping from the express air freight I paid for. This cost me almost 100USD.

In comparison - the RD6024 power supply ordered from Aliexpress was delivered to my address two weeks after the payment was made. With regular "Aliexpress standard shipping". The Seplos BMS from the Minerals official store in Aliexpress was ordered with the same type of shipping.

I'm still in touch with Adam Han on this. I suppose it was a shipping issue and delay before getting the order to UPS. But I'll let him first provide the expected delivery date and if it is acceptable I'll consider them as an option.

The other one would be through Aliexpress. Their standard shipping seems to be quite fast when the ordered stuff is non in the 5-10-20-30 USD range.

I'm still in touch with Adam Han on this.

Oh I didn't read your first post correctly, just finally put 2 and 2 together... Adam Han is same guy whom I dealt with. For me, everything went fine with him, but my last shipment was maybe 6 months or so ago...

Same Here. Dealt with the same sales rep. Both bms came via DHL with in a week. It was in April though. I hope you sort it all out.

I've sorted it out. The refund has been completed and the money was returned to my account. Tried to do another order from Seplos, but requested an explicit ETA for the delivery date. Adam failed to provide it for two days. I'm done with their Alibaba store.

I've placed my order through Aliexpress and the Minerals official store. They are resellers, but at least seem to be reliable one with reasonable prices. I'm still not able to calculate the final price yet (I'll have to pay VAT for the BMSes), but I expect to end up with a lower bill than the Seplos one.

The new BMSes have two versions of the display - with and without bluetooth. The new versions also support both CAN and RS485, while the previous version supported either CAN or RS485.

I've ended up with one of the old versions. Let's see if I'll be able to make it talk both to the SMA Sunny Island and to an esp8266 microcontroller for collecting the battery telemetry.

Attached is proof of the above statements for the Seplos store in Alibaba. This is the vendor review corner and it makes sense to do so.

Attachments

• 1668254051867.png
    1668254051867.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 28
Today I got my first BMS. Two weeks with Aliexpress standard shipping and it was delivered to my door. A 10C device - CAN one. Should do the job for the battery that will work with the SMA Sunny Island.

Don't know :) . Check what batteries that version support. If it says "Pylontech batteries" - then it should work.

Mine is Sunny Boy 3.6-1AV-41. Pretty recent model.

The whole story got a bit more complicated. Today I got the 3 BMSes that I got the refund for. This is more than 3 months after I made the order on Alibaba.

Now I'm thinking if I should try to return them or keep them as spare...

The whole story got a bit more complicated. Today I got the 3 BMSes that I got the refund for. This is more than 3 months after I made the order on Alibaba.

Now I'm thinking if I should try to return them or keep them as spare...

I would hold on to them until they ask for them back (or for you to pay for them) :)

Chances are they've written them off as "lost" and it's not worth them chasing, in the big scheme of things the value is a pittance.

So I recall it now - Adam said he will request a refund from the shipper. Based on that I'll keep them.

If this is a shipper failure neither Seplos nor I should suffer the cost. On my side, the cost would be mostly the time to deal with that, and considering my tight schedule this is not something to ignore.

I would trust nothing Seplos says. They would only respond to my shipping requests after I filed a PayPal dispute. I ordered direct from them.

I have placed two orders with Adam. The first time there were difficulties with delivery, I received my order only on the second attempt.
The second time I arranged the delivery myself through a forwarder I know, and everything went fine.
The communication with Adam was quite satisfactory to me. He answered sometimes very quickly, sometimes with a slight delay. But he ALWAYS answered. He also helped me contact support when I had questions and the first BMS broke down.
All in all, working with Adam satisfied me and I will work with him again when needed.
Good luck everyone!

Back