diy solar

diy solar

Seplos Mason DIY kit review (4/5)

This morning after changing to charge with grid and solar both. they are both back topped up. most likely still in Chinese, I have not looked. and pack two lowest cell voltage is really low. I need to cycle these up and down a few times to see if it gets in line. pack two has not been used for anything but slow drain for a few months. also these are 280ah cells, so I still need to get in anyway on the laptop to adjust that. I wish it had Bluetooth.
and after a day, the cells seem to look more aligned. I dl the software from link provided. will install on laptop (windows) and update my attempts to change language setting.

Attachments

• batt status 2.GIF
    batt status 2.GIF
    196.7 KB · Views: 7
The one in Chinese will charge but will not discharge yet. I am assuming it should drain both equally?

Attachments

• Discharging only one pack.GIF
    Discharging only one pack.GIF
    226.3 KB · Views: 7
I figured out the language thing.. If you press and hold confirm it changes back and forth. Yeah, I am feeling pretty dumb. Anyway, I now notice that I have an over volt error on pack 2. I am going to read up in the manual and see what it says and review settings. Cell voltage looked fine. I will update this post when I finish reading. EDIT: adjusted slightly upward float and it got rid of error. I am draining the packs tonight. One drains pretty low before pack 2. It is charging pack one and supporting the light load but am gettin some light flicker and tv reboot. Grid is coming in and out during the 500-800 watt drain on pack 2. Both packs are staying above 50. while they level out. It should kick over by morning tho at 50.

Last edited:
Back