diy solar

diy solar

Series Parallel 100W with 190W panels...Are Specs Close Enough?

rray

I watched Will's Bluetti AC200 video last spring, and got mine from the Indiegogo campaign. I wired it into my 7'x14' toy hauler to run everything except the rooftop AC. I want to use Solar panels to charge it, however because of the placement of the rooftop AC and the roof fan, I cannot fit four 200W panels. The target then, is to fit the most usable power for a flat mount install, that meets the AC200's solar input specs.

Also, finding voltage and current specs that match different sized panels is difficult, however I found some that are close, and am seeking opinions from those that have experience with series parallel mix and match.

AC200 Solar Charging Specs
35-150V Max, 12A Max, 700W Max.

100w Panel Spec, 2 in parallel
Voc 24.6, Vmp 20.6, Imp 4.85A, 2 in parallel gives 20.6V, 9.7A

190W Panel Spec
Voc 24.3, Vmp 20.3, Imp 9.36A

Plan 2 Parallel 100W, in series with 2 190W giving 61V at 9.3A or 570W Max:
My Solar Config.jpg

Thanks for the reply, I thought I had done enough research and properly mix and matched a system as best I could for my RV, but I just had to hear from someone on this forum that I came up with a workable combination. I just didn't want to find out some surprise that I overlooked. I had been trying to find 4 matched 150W+ panels that would fit the 24" wide space, but all panels over 100W are 26"+ wide and I cannot fit them on the sides of the roof AC. This is the only mechanical fit I found that happens to also be an electrical fit without too much mismatch losses.

I am mostly new at this and I hope I'm in the right place. Please correct me if I'm not.... but, I am fascinated with the workings of solar on my RV. I have installed 2 Renogy 100 w panels and one 170 w Zamp panel in parallel (due to shading) to my mppt charge controller. I want to unhook my Zamp 170 Mono from the 2 100 w Renogy panels and run it in parallel with a Rich Solar 170 Mono...in parallel to a separate pwm charge controller then to the batteries (2 lithium). the numbers are real similar on the two 170w panels.

Back