diy solar

diy solar

Server on battery can I back it up from grid?

RaymondDay

Hi I got the PowerUrus S12100 LiFeP04 when I seen the video from diysolar on YouTube and got it that same day for $400.

I power a little server with it. Just 12 volts to all things. Got about 10 External USB Western Digital hard drive on it.

It was working good but it was cloudy all day and 7:00 in the morning the power went off battery was down to zero. Just before the Sun came back out.

So I like to back it up with a 12 volt power supply that's plug in to AC.

I was using the PicoUPS-120-ATV for car application but it stop working. I think my server used to much power for it.

That did work super good. Sort of like a opposite battery backup I guess they just don't make them.

So I want it to run on battery mostly but if the battery gets to low switch to the 12 volt power supply. Then switch back when the battery has more power then the 12 volt power supply that's how the PicoUPS worked.

I did order another same $400 LiFeP04 12.8V 100Ah battery should get it soon then maybe can make it past cloudy days.

Thank you.

-Raymond Day

Charging the battery from the grid is the simple part. Need a module to control the DC connection or the grid power to the charger. Module based on battery voltage is easy and low cost. If you want to use the battery charge level indicated by the BMS or a shunt to control the charger... that is beyond my skills.

Did you get your battery charged? I just received the Roypow/Powerurus battery charger and it works okay. But it is not much more than a 14.4 volt 10 power supply. The BMS does the majority of the work.

Back