diy solar

diy solar

Set up advice

Darrenmfletcher

Hi everyone. I setup my eco worthy system yesterday, but am finding the instructions quite vague and conflicting.
My 2 120v panels are mounted on my caravan roof, in what the instructions describe as " in series" to provide 240v. The kit came with 2 x 12v LifePo lithium ion batteries.... instructions directed me to set the batteries " in series"....as in the+ of one connected to the - of the second, then the two batteries connected to the solar cotroller as directed .
I set the controller to the 24 v setting.
I set the battery type to b03, as directed.
I pretty much ran the batteries down yesterday, running my stereo of the batteries and inverter whule i was mounting the panels etc.
So, today....the power is coming through the inverter great during the daylight hours, but the controller read out is reading an E01 warning, which the tiny pamphlet provided describes as low battery voltage cut out. It says that it comes back on again when the battery charges up...but it hasn't come on all day, and now the sun has diminished, the inverter is showing a fault.
Is the battery actually charging in this mode?
Thanks for any advice offered

Are your panels 120W or 12.0V. I'm pretty sure they are NOT 120v panels. I'm guessing the batteries are quite small? If you panels are mounted flat on the roof, they won't be at full output either. Laying flat, don't expect to see more than about 60% of rated output. So, if that rated output is supposed to be 240W, then expect to get ~145W.

Does your controller give an amperage reading while charging? Multiply the amperage reading X the system voltage to find your real number of watts coming in. What exactly is the controller? There are a lot of fake MPPT controllers marketed. Can you show us any pics?

Back