diy solar

diy solar

Setting for lithium batteries in series is it times 2? Epever has LiFePO4 (4S/12V; 8S/24V)

Solarhelpe

Hello. The epever newer charge controllers have 4s and 8s settings for 12v and 24 volt respectively.

I have two 12v batteries in series so 24v system total. Do I simply use the setting for 24v even though the single batteries are 12v?

Thanks.

Once you place the batteries in Series then you have it use the Series Value which in your case is 24V.
NOT all BMS' will allow for Series Connections so be certain the Battery BMS are capable of doing so, lest you pop a BMS and let out the magic smoke.

Which Epever charge controller do you have? Mine is a 12/24 volt unit that adjusts automatically when you connect your batteries. It reads your voltage and sets the unit. That is why you always connect batteries first and then your panels.

It's a newer tracer. Yes, it already knows the voltage.

You still have to tell it what kind of battery you have and set it's specifications. I just need to know if I tell it 12v or 24v. I have two 12v batteries in series

Once you place the batteries in Series then you have it use the Series Value which in your case is 24V.
NOT all BMS' will allow for Series Connections so be certain the Battery BMS are capable of doing so, lest you pop a BMS and let out the magic smoke.
I assumed this was right and it wouldn't even understand there were two separate batteries once in series. The whole selection for different voltages tripped me up though. Thanks.

It's a newer tracer. Yes, it already knows the voltage.

You still have to tell it what kind of battery you have and set it's specifications. I just need to know if I tell it 12v or 24v. I have two 12v batteries in series
If your batteries are wired in series, then tell it 24 volts.

Back