diy solar

diy solar

Setting up a new 24v system in a 12v RV and are new to this-- need info

HJEngland

Setting up a new 24v system in a 12v RV and am new to this. I wish I had some help but there is none to be had locally.

I'm setting up a 24v solar system for my stationery 12v 5th wheel RV. I have (2) 24v Renogy 320 watt panels, a 24v Sungold Solar 3000 charger inverter and (3) 24v 100 ah Lifepo4 batteries. I'm looking to add some more panels in the next few months but that's what i have right now.

I know I will need a step down converter to add to the output of the solar charger inverter, but my question is are there any place I can find wiring diagrams for a set up such as this? I've been looking and can't seem to find any.

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm still learning and don't want to blow myself or my rig to smithereens in the process.

Thanks!

So that you can see the state of charge, cell deltas, and protection status.
A smart bms also allows you to adminsratively disable the charge/discharge paths.
I'm not sure about that or even how to hook any of that up. I'm just doing a basic build for right now until I get much better versed at all this. The rig doesn't run much in terms of electricity-- a TV, Starlink router, a coffee maker, a microwave, a laptop, a few lights. It does have an aircondtioner that might run occasionally in the hottest days of summer, but I am at over 7,000 ft altitude and it rarely gets so hot that a/c is needed to run consistently.

I'm not sure about that or even how to hook any of that up.
Not sure how to respond to that.
I'm just doing a basic build for right now until I get much better versed at all this.
So you plan to do this twice?
The rig doesn't run much in terms of electricity-- a TV, Starlink router, a coffee maker, a microwave, a laptop, a few lights.
Starlink is a big draw depending on the version.
It does have an aircondtioner that might run occasionally in the hottest days of summer, but I am at over 7,000 ft altitude and it rarely gets so hot that a/c is needed to run consistently.
You won't have much air conditioning unless you have an ice generator to supplement your battery.

Since this is a stationary build do you want to have the system inside the rv or external(in a shed)?

Do you have a propane absorption fridge?
Will you be using propane for heat, refridgeration, hot water and ice generator?

Also since its a stationary build.
I suggest you do a ground mount array for the panels.

Back