diy solar

diy solar

Setting up Main Lug Distribution Box for Shed / Cabin for AIO 3kW Inverter

SoFar

I have a 15x15 shed that I use for a small office for my computer / router (some other misc items).

I have a All-In-One 3kW inverter with (8) 250w panels connected to it and have (2) 48V 5kW (10kW total) EG4 batteries. Right now the AC output on the AIO is just direcly to a 120V outlet and currently have a strip cord pluged into the outlet to feed my computer, router, etc. The strip cord has a power light and ground light on it. The ground light does not light up, however at my house when plugged into an outlet, it lights up fine. I want to change the AIO AC output to go directly to an Electrical panel (instead of the outlet first) and then have the Electrical panel feed my outlet with a 15A breaker. If I did this correctly, would this fix the ground light on my strip cord not lighting up?

I installed a copper grounding rod outside my shed for my panels. Should I run a wire from the grounding rod to the new panel I plan to purchase?

Can I just buy a small Main Lug box to do this? Or do need to do this with a Main Breaker box? I only want to get a panel with 2 (or 4) spaces (preferably Square D). I will never need more than two breakers.

Back