diy solar

diy solar

Setting up solar for a camping trailer

That still leaves the big issue of no way to move that wood though.
A mountain is moved a shovel at a time.

Every time you drive by you grab some in the car. A cord moved every 11-12 days.

I’d suggest adjusting your thinking about things not in terms of cost at the moment but in terms of either how much am I going to save or how much am I going to make?
You might not “be able to afford it” today, but stretching and sacrificing so you don’t have to buy fuel in winter will keep $1000 or more in your bank account.

Things you give money for don’t always cost money. A cheap gas chainsaw 18” bar used to do work for a customer for one day at only $30/hr gives you a free chainsaw in about a day. If they want they debris removed you have free wood and something else to charge for.

There’s a local to me landscape company that collects what they get paid to remove. They sell 30-100+ cords of firewood every fall depending on the year. $300/cord.

Years ago I didn’t have a truck but needed to move a couple yards of soil and mulch for a job I took on. I bought a clapped-out snowmobile trailer for $200 and put a hitch on my Saturn. If I’d had the material delivered would have been $150. So basically with my labor I made some money to eat with, paid for the trailer and hitch, and then put in a classified for ‘dump runs’ and made a few thousand bucks on that trailer alone. Didn’t cost me anything.

I didn’t look at the trailer as something that cost me money- I looked at the trailer as enabling me to receive money.

Back