diy solar

diy solar

share solar panels with another source?

Rosstafarian

I have a 4 panel 1300 watt array that runs my pool pump exclusively and I have a 16 panel 6000 watt array that runs my inverter which charges my batteries.
everything is working great!
However, id like to charge the batteries a little faster and have some more available energy during the heat of the day. My thought was to divert some of the pool pump energy to the inverter for a couple/three hours during peak production each day. The pool pump runs for more than enough time each day to keep the pool clean.
Problem is, the pool panels voc is 160 and the inverter panels are 160 voc each string but the inverter max is 250 per input (it has 2, pv1 and pv2)

Can I make a voltage splitter or can purchase existing hardware that will reduce the 160 from the pool to 2 80 volt strings?

thank you.

pool pump voltage splitter.jpg

Can I have to charge controllers on one battery bank?
That would be a lot easier…I think.

Of course you can. It wouldn't have to be a big one either... just take more that 160V as input. Current-wise, depends on your battery voltage, but easy to work out.

[EDIT] Hmmm. From a quick search, I can't find SCCs that will take 200V for less than 80A or so. Somewhat expensive... maybe you can, or you could reconfigure your pool panels for lower voltage, higher current... or just pay :·/

-

Last edited:
Back