diy solar

diy solar

Sharing 2 parallel connected panels on two different inverter

Ahmed224

Hello everyone, I have 2 inverter one of them is a pump solar inverter that has 20 panels 545 watt connected to it 3strings 7 panels in each string with a total of 350 volts.
The second inverter is a hybrid utility/battery/solar
That has 2 panels in parallel connected to it.
The main problem I'm facing is that the pump inverter output is 300 rather than 380 so I'm trying to uplift the input voltage of the pump inverter by connecting 11*2 panels in parallel this requires sharing the hybrid inverter panels (2 parallel) with the pump panels. (for summry I want to to connect 11panel in series and the second 11 panels I want to share one of them with a hybrid inverter)
can this be achieved without adding any external devices/switches? Just so you know the watt output of the panels 11x2 is 11990 far exceeds the required pump watts of 5500watts

No
Just no
I kind of know that it is not acceptable to do it due to the mppt controller on the inverter. However I was assuming that because I have a low demand for power on both inverters and that iam only sharing 1 panel it can be somehow acceptable for the pump inverter.
( I need a more scientific approach for the answer not just no)

( I need a more scientific approach for the answer not just no)
An MPPT is continually monitoring the array output and seeking the maximum output by altering the voltage and amperage. When you have more than one MPPT doing this to an array, they will fight each other and its unlikely that they would ever settle, especially if your pump load is not constant.

I'm not sure what inverters these are.
And beyond the fact that production would be lessened for both MPPT's.
If they're electrically connected in any other way. (AC in, AC out, Batteries) this PV connection would create a second connection between them. Could lead to damage to one or both.

Back