diy solar

diy solar

She went bang real good....whew

My guess is Nitroglycerin or C4 with that visual. LOL
I could not get to the comments on that video for some reason, but I doubt a couple of explosions like that were caused solely by a battery cell.

I would guess there were other “volatiles” stored in the shed that reacted to the fire. A Jerry can of gas, a gallon of paint thinner, I’m not sure, but I consider the results a bit drastic for lithium batteries of any type.

I could not get to the comments on that video for some reason, but I doubt a couple of explosions like that were caused solely by a battery cell.

I would guess there were other “volatiles” stored in the shed that reacted to the fire. A Jerry can of gas, a gallon of paint thinner, I’m not sure, but I consider the results a bit drastic for lithium batteries of any type.
Yea agree, looked more like a small bbq propane tank in their blowing than a bunch of lithium cells venting, at least at the end.

Looks like someone was building himself a little battery shed...... "was".. whew.. uploaded today.

Wow.. Looks like maybe storing Gasoline in there with the batteries.

Nothing in my building but Batteries and inverters.

Was that a snowmobile they were trying to save?
Yes if you zoom in you can see the white nose of the cowling and the ski's, it's facing forward towards us. This is up in Kamloops, BC where I use to live, a sled (as us Canadians call them) in your back yard is more common than a second bathroom in your house.

I do admit that video is making me look at my flammable storage procedures
Agreed. I have 5 fire extinguishers at different locations in my house and garage, but just realized I have no fire extinguisher or fire suppression anywhere near the shed that has gas, propane and a bunch of expensive equipment stored in it.

Last edited:
Agreed. I have 5 fire extinguishers at different locations in my house and garage, but just realized I have no fire extinguisher or fire suppression anywhere near the shed that has gas, propane and a bunch of expensive equipment stored in it.
See.. if I can save just one shed, my post has been worth it.. sniffle sniffle... LOL

Back