diy solar

diy solar

Shed day only 240v power

CraigE

I have read the threads re setting up a system using battery storage. Is it possible to set up a system using an old house 3kw system direct to 240v power outlets or does excess power gave to go to mains. What I am looking at is just running pool pumps. I am not bothered about storage in batteries to use at night, just running the pumps while the inverter produces power during the day. Can Iget set up and just run power direct to the relevant power points without having mains back up. I know I can add batteries later but dont have the need at this stage. Maybe tool battery chargers that are 240v only. Would be on timer so only run during the day.

It depends on which inverter you have.
Some, can work on solar only. My Growatt SPF-5000-ES, will do this.

Many need some sort of battery just to keep their internal systems functioning plus having a battery helps buffer out the highs and lows when clouds pass by. Even a cheaper leisure battery or cheaper LFP is usually enough, you don't need to plan for UmpteenGWH battery banks.

There are well-pumps and aquaculture pumps designed to be solar only, with a dedicated pump controller. They run on solar DC only, and start up in the morning, and shut down in the evening. Replacing your pump with a solar-only model might be a practical alternative for you. I believe they market pumps that run on DC from 30, all the way up to 300VDC

Back