diy solar

diy solar

Shed Solar - See any mistakes?

smoothJoey - I have new fuses coming in the mail. My loads are nowhere near 5kw anyway and I've lowered the charging rate limit on the inverter. The battery cables are a pair of 4 AWG on each terminal, equivalent to 1 AWG.

Updated Diagram:
Just wondering, if you were able to fit in a 2-pole quad-breaker, to feed the inverter (50amp) and ATF (30amp), with both tied to one another, would that alleviate the concern should the ATF trip? This way if one trips, all power would be cut off.

1639509652745.png
s

Just wondering, if you were able to fit in a 2-pole quad-breaker, to feed the inverter (50amp) and ATF (30amp), with both tied to one another, would that alleviate the concern should the ATF trip? This way if one trips, all power would be cut off.

View attachment 75724
s
Yes! Nice! Seems an excellent charming solution to me! Thank you!

I'll also be using the Solar Edge Autotransformer for my build (paralleled Victron Multiplus II 5k's). I have a set of din rail breakers before my loads panel with an inverter output breaker for each inverter, a breaker for the ATF, and a main output breaker that then feeds my loads panel. How I intend to get around the "floating neutral" issue is with a 120v UVR module on the main output breaker. Should the ATF breaker trip, the UVR will lose it's 120v and then trip the main output. It also has the benefit of not closing manually without the 120v, so if I go to start the system without the ATF being energized I can't accidentally close the main output and sent 240v to my 120v loads.

I'll also be using the Solar Edge Autotransformer for my build (paralleled Victron Multiplus II 5k's). I have a set of din rail breakers before my loads panel with an inverter output breaker for each inverter, a breaker for the ATF, and a main output breaker that then feeds my loads panel. How I intend to get around the "floating neutral" issue is with a 120v UVR module on the main output breaker. Should the ATF breaker trip, the UVR will lose it's 120v and then trip the main output. It also has the benefit of not closing manually without the 120v, so if I go to start the system without the ATF being energized I can't accidentally close the main output and sent 240v to my 120v loads.
Interesting, do you have a link to the specsheet of the UVR ("Under Voltage Release" I assume)?

Interesting, do you have a link to the specsheet of the UVR ("Under Voltage Release" I assume)?
Yup, UVR is under voltage release and it’s name is pretty self explanatory lol. When voltage is removed, the breaker trips and a Shunt Trip is the opposite, when voltage is applied the breaker trips.

I used Altech UR series breakers because they are a name brand, UL listed, and reasonably priced. Plus they make din rail bus bars that make wiring way easier and neater and it’s also reasonably priced.

Here’s a link to their website: https://www.altechcorp.com/breakers/UR-Series.html

And the data sheet for the breakers and accessories: https://www.altechcorp.com/PDFS/URseries(UL1077).pdf

Hawk Electronics and Wolf Automation is where I bought my stuff. Neither one had everything I needed (5 breakers, UVR, and busbar) but between the 2 I was able to source everything.

Yup, UVR is under voltage release and it’s name is pretty self explanatory lol. When voltage is removed, the breaker trips and a Shunt Trip is the opposite, when voltage is applied the breaker trips.

I used Altech UR series breakers because they are a name brand, UL listed, and reasonably priced. Plus they make din rail bus bars that make wiring way easier and neater and it’s also reasonably priced.

Here’s a link to their website: https://www.altechcorp.com/breakers/UR-Series.html

And the data sheet for the breakers and accessories: https://www.altechcorp.com/PDFS/URseries(UL1077).pdf

Hawk Electronics and Wolf Automation is where I bought my stuff. Neither one had everything I needed (5 breakers, UVR, and busbar) but between the 2 I was able to source everything.
That sounds very interesting. If you are able, get a schematic up. I look forward in seeing your updates.

Back