Shelves for 3x 280Ah 48v LiFePO4 Banks?

Gannam

Sounds like a plan. As long as it fits. I have two sets of 8x8 for 32 280ah Lishen cells in a 48" box, with the cells upright, and it JUST fits. Plenty of room from the terminals to the top of the box, but just enough to squeeze in the insulation paper, and heating pads along the sides.
I didn't want to risk going with the 24" box. It would be nice and narrow, but the pack itself without insulation between cells is 24." With everything bound and insulation installed, I might need a maul to get them to fit. (If it doesn't fit, force it...if it breaks it needed replacing anyway. 😅) The 30" box will give a bit of room, although I wonder if 36" would be better. I think the space available will determine what I do regarding compression.

eabyrd

Solar Enthusiast
I have a bunker with 6" concrete walls and ceiling in one corner of basement. Bunker is about 60" wide. I was thinking to pour a 60"concrete shelf and set batteries on that. A couple bags of concrete and some rebar shouldn't cost so much.
I would love more info on that bunker since I have no outbuildings would you be willing to share details

Roswell Bob

Solar Addict
I would love more info on that bunker since I have no outbuildings would you be willing to share details
Wife and I built house from scratch. We had concrete contractor put in a 6'x16' room with concrete ceiling in one corner of the basement. Sorry that this probably doesn't help you very much.

eabyrd

Solar Enthusiast
Wife and I built house from scratch. We had concrete contractor put in a 6'x16' room with concrete ceiling in one corner of the basement. Sorry that this probably doesn't help you very much.
No, but it is very cool nonetheless. it is the ceiling that is the weak point I have a concrete slab, and could easily build block walls to the needed height, but how to cap it? Hmmmmm

Sanwizard

Photon Sorcerer
Man I would love one of those. I would add AR500 steel in the walls, or sand, to make it a real safe room. But it would need 2 exits.( I think I listen to too many SHTF / end times audio books). 😁

Roswell Bob

Solar Addict
No, but it is very cool nonetheless. it is the ceiling that is the weak point I have a concrete slab, and could easily build block walls to the needed height, but how to cap it? Hmmmmm
Contractor used corregated steel with 8" of concrete poured right on top. The corregated can take a lot of weight.
I would use caution when putting weight on an existing slab. My bunker used good size footings
Man I would love one of those. I would add AR500 steel in the walls, or sand, to make it a real safe room. But it would need 2 exits.( I think I listen to too many SHTF / end times audio books). 😁
Yes, steel door is about 300 pounds :)