diy solar

diy solar

SHENZEN BASEN 280Ah, I received my first order

Same as you, they are in poland customs.
I'm from France, it's now more then 45 days.
Seller already extended 15 days.
What was the delay when the ups finally went live..?
order t 2 sets 1 from Dongguan Lightning 8* 272ah arrived 23/12/2020 in Poland those are still in Poland she send me a scan of the train transport as proof. no ups update yet. These need to go to France some where near Barleduc.
other set ordert at Basen 4* 272 ah see link have them at home.

After watching this video and realize that the case is positive, I will put insulation sheet betwee the cells instead of just relying on the blue insulation sheet.

After watching this video and realize that the case is positive, I will put insulation sheet betwee the cells instead of just relying on the blue insulation sheet.
Do they make any mention of the case being tied to positive in the spec sheet for the cells you ordered? With the EVE cells it's a very tiny amount leakage current and nothing to be concerned about.

I have not seen any aluminum prismatic cell that has the positive or negative directly tied to the case. I would love to see the spec sheet for the Lishen cells Big Battery is using.

Reactions: Dzl
I just check the Voltage between the case of the cell and the Negative terminal, it shows the same Voltage reading as when measure between Positive terminal and the Negative terminal, 0V between Positive terminal and the case.
So I do the same test with the 90Ah Liitokola and get the same result.

Last edited:
How much current is there between the negative terminal and the aluminum case? In the thread I linked to, another forum member shorted the aluminum case to the negative terminal of one of his EVE cells. Guess what happened?

I check the resistance between the case and the Negative terminal, it show about 200 Ohms bu it may not be valid since the Voltage source is present. True tetst will be using a load to see what the real leakage is.

Last edited:
I check the resistance between the case and the Negative terminal, it show about 200 Ohms bu it may not be valid since the Voltage source is present. True tetst will be using a load to see what the real leakage is.
I believe you will find there is a tiny bit of leakage current and not enough to power any load.

I put 100 Ohms resistor on Negative and the case, the Vdrops on the resistor is 1V, = 10mA.
That is not low leakage.

That is very surprising. So it appears as though they have tied positive to the case....uggg.

I looked at the spec sheet again (carefully) and they do say:
6.9 Don’t contact cans directly or with other conductive materails during the using process.

I wonder why they designed them like that. I would be interested if there would be anyone else willing to test this. I would not trust the PVC the cells are wrapped in.

I just finish charging my # 4 cell from 3.274V to 3.56V at about 10A rate, it took 20 hours, and according to my power meter, I pump in 190A.
No cell bulging at all.

That is very surprising. So it appears as though they have tied positive to the case....uggg.

I looked at the spec sheet again (carefully) and they do say:
6.9 Don’t contact cans directly or with other conductive materails during the using process.

I wonder why they designed them like that. I would be interested if there would be anyone else willing to test this. I would not trust the PVC the cells are wrapped in.
I plan to put insulation sheet between the cells when I wrap them up. With this result, it will be bad case for mobile application if cells are not separated with tough insulation, I would not trust the PVC wrapping either. So if you strap them tightly, make sure to add insulation sheet between cells, and if your battery box is conductive then you should put insulation sheet between batteries and the bottom of the battery case.

Last edited:
I just finally finish the capacity teating one of the cell (charged to 3.55V and let it sit for 1 hour before test), I endimng up testing at 15A due to I blew up the MOSFET when I turn up the current to 20A, luckily I have spare MOSFET in hand.
The result is 282Ah, I stop the test at 2.75V. I think if I do 0.2C discharge it may not reach 280Ah. I will do 0.2C discharge of the battery pack using inverter and load to test it out.
BTW, when I was inspecting the tester I notice that the height of the diode next to the MOSFET are not at the same height so the Diode is not making contact with the heatsink.

So I just finished recharging my battery that I ran the capacity test on, I pumped back in about 280Ah.

Attachments

• BASEN_battery_rec 12-3-2020_charge setup_4.jpg
    BASEN_battery_rec 12-3-2020_charge setup_4.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 24
Hello guys,
Happy new year....a little in advance..?
I got a message a week ago from alibaba

"We acknowledge that you are satisfied with the shipping information for the Trade Assurance Order xxxxxxxxx (as you neither confirm the shipment nor request a refund within the given time period).

Now we suppose the goods shipment has been completed, and the supplier’s Assurance Amount of 1710.00$ for this order has been unfrozen."

Wait..what .... It's still in my transit...! We acknowledge nothing....!

And the same day an other message

"Your Trade Assurance order number 59420571001028820 is now complete. Appreciate you can write a review for this order to help your supplier to improve customer experience."

Problem is that I can't contact them or do anything to increase the delay, I can only open a dispute....what is this, this is highly unprofessional from alibaba....!
What people that are used to alibaba think...? (I'm a first timer alibaba).
Thanks.
I got the same message a couple of days ago. Which company did you buy from? Have you received the cells yet?

I got the same message a couple of days ago. Which company did you buy from? Have you received the cells yet?
Hello,
It not depending on the seller, it's Alibaba automatic system...will never use this systeme ever, cost me 32$ for an automatic reply system...?
After this message we still got 30 days of insurance. I contacted my supplier (Basen) and just said that he got 20 more days to show cells at my door. After that I ask for refund. (+20 days will be 2 months and 5 days total).

I order my on Nov 3rd, shipped on the 8th, arrived at LA port on the Dec 13th and sat there in custom for 13 days, FEDEX pikced it up on the Dec 26th and delivered to me on the 30th, so basicall ablut 60 days, it would have been about two weeks leas if the customs was not so lagging and the COVID..

So I temporary put my battery pack in the box that I will be using to house the battery until I get the repalcement battery that is damaged in shipping.
I use 5-GAL Craftman box, my typical load is 400WHr at the most. My MPPT is MPPSOLAR PIP-1012LV-MK. I am running the unit right now to see how many Ah I will get.

Attachments

• Batteries Boxed_1.jpg
    Batteries Boxed_1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 46
  • Batteries Boxed_2.jpg
    Batteries Boxed_2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 43
  • Batteries Boxed_3.jpg
    Batteries Boxed_3.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 38
  • Batteries Boxed_4.jpg
    Batteries Boxed_4.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 36
  • Batteries Boxed_5.jpg
    Batteries Boxed_5.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 44
The good news is that I just received the four LISHEN 280Ah today, I ordered them on the Nov 3rd, they arrived on Dec 13th and sit in the customs for 13day, FedEx picked them up on the Dec 26th and delivered to me on the Dec 30th which is not bad at all. The bad news is that the bottom of the box was not taped up well and I was surprised that batteries did not fall out off the box. One of the cell is damaged due to bad foam insert, it looks like one chunk of foam at the corner where the damaged cell is. I just send message to Gloria Luo of BASEN with pictures showing the damages, hopefully she will send me the replacement. Follow-up: Gloria Luo just notifies me that she will send me the replacement, Basen seems to have good service.
Thanks for posting this. I'm thinking to order the exact same batteries. Do you know if they sell you balanced/matched ones? I asked, they said yes and no charge, but would be nice to double check. I would think it would cost a little bit extra for this service. I'm ordering 8 cells.

And you are right, they are very very fast at responding.

Back