diy solar

diy solar

Shenzhen Basen battery question

Vabch22

Question for those smarter than I. I am new to lifepo4 and solar. I did some reading here and I went onto Alibaba and ordered a 100ah battery w/ bluetooth from Shenzhen Basen Technology. Mitty was my sales rep. The battery shipped from the US warehouse and I was told they check each battery before they ship.

Here is the link to the battery. Basen 100ah lifepo4 battery

The battery arrived and I tried to connect to the bluetooth app, but quickly got no where. I then tested the voltage on the battery, and it would show about 3.46v. From reading threads, I found out that sometimes the battery/BMS needs to be 'woken' up, I tried using my Noco Genius 10 battery charger on lithium, but that does not appear to work. I tried using a small 12v 7ah SLA battery to wake it up, but that didn't work either. Can you offer any advise or tell me what I am doing wrong?

I have sent a chat to Basen along with the video of the issue. Here is the link to the video if it helps. https://drive.google.com/file/d/19v2d1JQemm-wiblTHw61go5U5tr_V4BH/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for any assistance.

Question for those smarter than I. I am new to lifepo4 and solar. I did some reading here and I went onto Alibaba and ordered a 100ah battery w/ bluetooth from Shenzhen Basen Technology. Mitty was my sales rep. The battery shipped from the US warehouse and I was told they check each battery before they ship.

Here is the link to the battery. Basen 100ah lifepo4 battery

The battery arrived and I tried to connect to the bluetooth app, but quickly got no where. I then tested the voltage on the battery, and it would show about 3.46v. From reading threads, I found out that sometimes the battery/BMS needs to be 'woken' up, I tried using my Noco Genius 10 battery charger on lithium, but that does not appear to work. I tried using a small 12v 7ah SLA battery to wake it up, but that didn't work either. Can you offer any advise or tell me what I am doing wrong?

I have sent a chat to Basen along with the video of the issue. Here is the link to the video if it helps. https://drive.google.com/file/d/19v2d1JQemm-wiblTHw61go5U5tr_V4BH/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for any assistance.
If you would like to wake up the bms you have to apply voltage higher than 14v. JBD bms often deactivates, but you can simply activate them by charging them with 14v or higher. the voltage of the 12v lead acid battery is too low to wake up the bms.

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried using a bench psu at 14.6v and 5a with no change that I saw. One odd thing is I know I had 5amp set as the threshold, but the display would only read 14.6v and 0amp going in. I'm at a loss, but I am new to lifepo4.

Outside of that, I did see the Noco trying to surge 14v+ multiple times on the lithium setting.

Basen said they are asking their engineers. Hopefully I'm not just being stupid and user error.

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried using a bench psu at 14.6v and 5a with no change that I saw. One odd thing is I know I had 5amp set as the threshold, but the display would only read 14.6v and 0amp going in. I'm at a loss, but I am new to lifepo4.
That means that there is an issue with the bms and there is no way to fix it without opening the battery. Ask for a replacement, if they decline do a cc chargeback. In the worst case scenario you can open the battery and order a new bms for 30usd and change it yourself.

Your video shows the voltage spiking to over 19 volts, then it seems the BMS might go into protection mode and shut down, then the voltage spiked to over 18 volts, and once again quickly decreased back down to just over 3 volts. Something is definitely up with that battery/bms, and unfortunately yes, it will likely need to be opened to investigate further :(

Yea, not sure how it passed QC unless something happened in the short shipping period from the US warehouse to me. Packaging was good with no noticeable damage. I was told they test the batteries before shipping. Reviews for the seller were good which is why I went with them. Mainly just wanted to verify it wasn't me as this is my first larger battery purchase to test out with a camping setup.

I thank yall much for helping identify the issue.

Do not buy From Basen ! They sold me 24pcs old EVE LF280N cell dated from 02-2021 where they promised they deliver the newer and much better LF280K, grade A+ with EVE report witch they did not give. Even on the order they wrote 280K. I bought a lot of cells from Basen but now they really scammed me. I filed a partially refund, they offerd me just 4 (same old) cells. It's like buying a Mercedes and given a Toyota. With a free tire..

Do not buy From Basen ! They sold me 24pcs old EVE LF280N cell dated from 02-2021 where they promised they deliver the newer and much better LF280K, grade A+ with EVE report witch they did not give. Even on the order they wrote 280K. I bought a lot of cells from Basen but now they really scammed me. I filed a partially refund, they offerd me just 4 (same old) cells. It's like buying a Mercedes and given a Toyota. With a free tire..
That sucks, sorry to hear you got scammed. This will probably be my only order with them. I need to find a better seller I guess. Hopefully they will replace my battery and/or refund me. I am giving them a week since it's supposed to be USA stock.

In reply to your other post (on the other thread I did), I did try charging the battery multiple ways. I tried the Noco Genius 10, HRTC P20, and a bench PSU, but none of them could get the battery to accept any amps even though it was set to at least 14.4v.

I am about to buy cells from Basen. Mitty is the representative. On the invoice they specifically say EVE 280k. Was it in your case as well?

Got the replacement battery in. Was able to connect to the BMS finally. However, the current state worries me. I have attached pictures from the app.

I have not done anything yet except verify Bluetooth works.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220906-194354_xiaoxiang.jpg
    Screenshot_20220906-194354_xiaoxiang.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20220906-194447_xiaoxiang.jpg
    Screenshot_20220906-194447_xiaoxiang.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20220906-194454_xiaoxiang.jpg
    Screenshot_20220906-194454_xiaoxiang.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20220906-194501_xiaoxiang.jpg
    Screenshot_20220906-194501_xiaoxiang.jpg