diy solar

diy solar

Shenzhen Basen & Docan Quotes

Sorry for the sarcasm, but if you wanted to research cells and vendors you are on the correct forum. Another common newby misconception is that putting the cells together and letting them sit for a week in some way "balances" the cells. Trust me, it might seem logical that it does, but with this chemistry it does not. Frequently people complain about runaway cells and say they've top balanced because someone on YouTube or another forum said all you had to do was parallel the cells for a week. Anyway, why you want to top balance:

And how to top balance (I recommend the "use a BMS" and charge, then parallel method):

Don't worry about Basen until you receive the cells, probably about 80 to 90% of their orders have no problems, and real grade A cells that are matched aren't required for solar storage. Lower C rates (how quickly you charge and discharge) is much better on the cells, unlike automotive use (high C rates).

I ordered automotive grade A+ cells from basen EVE LF280k with EVE report.
They send me 24pcs LF280N from 02-2021without report. Total scam.

I ordered automotive grade A+ cells from basen EVE LF280k with EVE report.
They send me 24pcs LF280N from 02-2021without report. Total scam.
More like total grade B, "we sell only premium grade A" cells. Most vendors do the same thing. If I remember correctly you were warned about Basen by multiple people.

Yes, but they sold me b-grade cells for a long time, no problem with that because they make great solar batteries. But after buying a few so called A+ I'm done with them.

Thank you finally yesterday I went with the quote from Basen as they have warehouse here in the UK.
How did it go? I’m also looking at buying 280Ah Lishen cells from the Basen UK warehouse for 150$ each;

they want a bank transfer to a Singapore bank and are emailing me every day asking why I didn’t complete the order

How did it go? I’m also looking at buying 280Ah Lishen cells from the Basen UK warehouse for 150$ each;

they want a bank transfer to a Singapore bank and are emailing me every day asking why I didn’t complete the order
My Basen grade A cells are dropping from 3,5v to 2,7v when applying a 150a current in a 4s pack config. Emily talked with the engineers and say it’s too much current.

It’s just one cell doing this. I bought almost a thousand cells with Basen and this is the warranty… total scam.

I've been burned by basen as well, but 150a is way more than solar batteries, these grade B should not be pulling more than 20-30 amps if you re looking to get decent life from them.

Just say no to "bank transfer", you have no recourse if they decide to ship you sand. Credit card only.
I ended up buying from fogstar; the EVE 280Ah A grade were discounted by 20% so basically same price as Basen and I paid by credit card, no fees and free next day delivery

Yes,but they where sold as premium A Grade
A Grade in words not in fact.

This was a final statement from their support person Alex Chen from Basen
" Our batteries are currently at the energy storage level, not at the industrial, commercial or automotive level"

Based on that according to them I have no issues and are normal. Keep away from the Basen Shonks if any faults will be deemed normal and on specifications.

Back